Chapter 1: Him

Your heels are clacking against the ground as you walk. Moving at a steady pace; trying to move fast but not cause attention to yourself.

You never know who could be watching, but you do know that only an idiot would waste time trying to figure it out.

It's been five years since the incident. Your quirk is messed up to the point where if you were to use it, it affects your mental doings instead of your targets. Making you slowly drive yourself mad.

For all you know you could be imaging the entire thing. You probably don't even have a stalker, maybe your mind is playing tricks on you.

But the stakes are too high. 

And you have evidence.

You speed up your pace. One more block away from his agency. You feel your legs begin to run. Gripping the piece of paper in your purse tightly making sure it doesn't fall out.

Before you know it you arrive in front of his building. Panting and out of breath from running.

You press call on the intercom. The place was private, there was no way you could just walk in.

You wait for a beat until there's an audible static. Soon after follows a voice. "Welcome to Ground Zero Agency. State your name, state of business, and scheduled appointment time, please. Reminder, everything you say is being recorded." The voice sounds stern and feminine.

"Um," you start. "I'm y/n and I need to speak with Katsuki Bakugou." She laughs at you. "What's funny?"

"I'm sorry," she says through a bit of laughter. "You said you needed to see Bakugou? The number one hero?"

"Yeah, is that a problem?"

"Obviously." She finishes up her parade of kicks and giggles before clearing her throat, getting herself back to business mode. "Appointment time?"

"I don't have one."

"So not only are you a walk-in, but you're expecting me to let you in without reasoning? Goodbye, ma'am."

She ends the call. Damn, you mutter yourself. That was your only chance of getting in and you weren't prepared at all.

You glance around to try and find a solution. You see a civilian walk up to the intercom about to press call. You stop him. "Excuse me, sir?" You call out.

He looks are you with an annoyed expression. "What is it?" He glances at his watch. "I'm running late and I really don't have time for—"

"Oh! We were just expecting you, mister..." You squint your eyes to try and read his name tag. "Mister Yamamoto!"

"Really?"

"Yup! Ground Zero sent me out here to fetch you myself." You put your hands behind your back and rock on the heels of your feet.

"But I'm not here to speak to—"

"I'm aware. You're just, so important to this. . . uh. . . organization!"

You two wait in awkward silence. "Are you gonna let me in?" He says impatiently.

"Huh? Oh no. You gotta hit the call button for that."

He murmurs something under his breath before reluctantly hitting call.

"Welcome to Ground Zero Agency! State your name, state of business, and scheduled appointment time, please. Reminder, everything you say is being recorded."

"Haruki Yamamoto. I'm here for a business conference that was scheduled for nine."

"Oh yes, of course!" She says. "Come on in." The gates open. You walk in behind him and start to look around and observe every detail.