Chapter 2: The Investigation

Y/n L/n. Y/n Fucking L/n.

The girl who starred in every teenage fantasy Bakugou has ever had. The girl who made him realize how dark and wild lust could burn.

You had come back to him seeking help, and this time, he was going to make sure he didn't fuck it up.

You follow him outside in silence. The two of you haven't said a word since you left his office. "I can call an Uber; I'd hate to have you go through the trouble of-"

"No need," he says. "He should be here in a second."

Before you can even ask him who he's talking about, an all-black luxury car pulls up before the two of you. The windows were so deeply tinted that they would most likely make a sunny sky look as dark as night.

You narrow your eyes as the passenger window rolls down. You gasp. Bakugou turns his head trying to maintain a look of annoyance. "Eijirou!" You grin. He steps out of the car. You run over and engulf him in a tight embrace.

Kirishima hugs you back. "What's up y/n. I missed you, bro." He ruffles your hair.

"It's been way too long." You can't help but smile. "You've grown so much!" You look at his appearance. Kirishima was wearing an all-black tux, along with a blue tie. He had grown much taller than you now, back in high school he had only been at least an inch taller. His hair had grown so much that he managed to pull his hair back into a bun, the bottom of it with an undercut. And it's black. "And you quit dying your hair dude, seriously?" You playfully punch his shoulder.

He rubs the shoulder, biting his lip to suppress his shriek that would escape if he didn't. "Good to see you still have that same man strength." He groans. "But you're the one no one's heard from Y/n. It's been how many years?"

You look away, too embarrassed to tell him your real reason for the disappearance. "Sorry." You mutter.

"Nah, you know I'm just teasing y/n." He opens the car door for you, allowing you to slide into the backseat. Bakugou comes around the car door.

"Where to, man?" Kirishima asks, holding out his hand.

"Y/n's place." He mutters. "I'll send you the address, let up the divider when you get in." Bakugou daps up Kirishima, sliding into the car next to you. The door shuts behind him and as told, the privacy divider on the car slides up.

Bakugou pulls out his phone and hands it to you, allowing you to type in your address to send to Kirishima.

The car takes off as the two of you sit in silence.

That is until you're first to speak, "I thought you'd have your agents handle this. I mean you are the boss." You mutter. "Figured you didn't have time for me anymore."

You notice his jaw is clenched. "You're not going back to Musutafu." Is all he says.

"Well obviously, I could never show my face there again." You face the tented window. "It'd be humiliating."

After the accident, doctors told you you'd never be able to successfully use your quirk ever again. With said news, you decided to leave. Leave without saying anything to anyone. How could you tell everyone that their number one heroine would have to end her career because of how weak she had been?

Impossible.

"So that's why you're here in New York?" He asks.

You nod. "That's why I'm here in New York," you confirm. "There's nothing in Japan for me anymore. It'd be better to start somewhere with a fresh start, wouldn't it?"

You sigh and lean back in your seat. "The only problem is the money, I mean, I'm doing pretty well with all the savings I've earned from my hero work. But that only lasts for so long, once I'm out I'm out."