Chapter 5: New Living. New Beginnings, Right?

A penthouse. A fucking penthouse.

Of course, Bakugou had been living somewhere fancy. God, the place looked expensive. It smelled expensive. He's come extremely far in life.

The two of you were riding in his elevator together, you were biting your lip with anticipation. You and Bakugou hadn't been in the same house for years.

"He shouldn't be able to get to you here." He murmurs. "This place has the security system of a high-tech prison."

You lean your head back against the cool metal, gripping the railing behind you. Closing your eyes, you give yourself a few seconds of peace. You aren't sure about any night after this, but for right now, you can't wait for the hours of peace you're about to get.

There's a ding before the door slides open, he allows you to step out before him.

His place is huge, the lights and fireplace come on at the movement detected in the house. You look around wide-eyed. He was living nice. "Damn," you mutter. "How can you afford all of this? Heroes don't even get paid that much."

"The legal way would be the agency and money sent over from my parents."

You raise your eyebrow. "And the illegal way?"

"Don't worry about it." He strides towards his kitchen to pour you a glass of water. You thank him and walk towards the line of windows. The view is exquisite, especially with all the lit-up buildings at night. Looking at your reflection, you take in your features. You looked tired.

Bakugou walks over to stand behind you. You close your eyes, lay your forehead against the window, and sigh. The guilt has been eating you alive. "You know you don't have to throw your entire life away for me. I'm sure it's cramping your style." You kept up with the latest news, you read all of his many, many exploits.

He wraps his arms around your waist, and out of habit, you lean into his touch. "If it wasn't you then I wouldn't be doing it." He says in a low tone.

Bakugou didn't seem like a man of the past. By the looks of it, he was too busy seducing the presence. That's why you didn't tell Hawks about him. Back when you went to Hawks for help, he asked you if you had a list of lovers, ones that would possibly be fixated on you. You told him all of them except Bakugou's name.

You turn around to face him. "I bet you this week's scoop would mind."

He rolls his eyes. "Fuck it if anyone minds." He lays his chin on top of your head, leaving you alone with your thoughts. He's acting like the last five years didn't happen. Not once did he call you, not once did he even text you. Not once did have you heard him even say he missed you.

"I saw when the lights first went out, at the gym," he starts. "Originally, I was coming to stop by, but I didn't see Kirishima and his car anywhere, so I figured the two of you had already left. As I was leaving, I heard you screaming for help."

You press your lips together and look away. "Five years is a long time." You say trying you're hardest to talk over the softness in your voice. You couldn't even act like the past years didn't affect you. "A lot can change since then."

"And a lot can stay the same." Bakugou places his hands on your chin, lifting it high enough for you to make proper eye contact with him. And boy, have you forgotten just how much damage those crimson eyes could do to your heart. "I want you just as much as I did then. When I saw you in my office, the same longing appeared. Lust tore through me the way it always does when I'm around you."

You lifted your hands and placed them on his chest. You weren't sure if you wanted to pull him closer or push him away. "Lust was never a problem for us, though, was it?" You whispered. Bakugou's eyes were on your mouth. Memories of your past together were flooding through your mind. You could practically taste him. We were each other's first. You thought to yourself.

"I thought about you over the years." He whispers; the confession making you freeze. "I always wondered what you were doing... Who you were with..."

"You don't get to wonder about that." Not when he was the one who pushed you to the curb, especially when he was the one who ended things weeks before the official breakup. He didn't have the right.

"There are some things we can't control." He sighs. "If I could've stopped the thoughts, I would've."

"Katsuki..."

"I can't have what I want tonight, I know that." His words whispered against your lips. "But you just came back into my life. That changes everything. This time, I'm not letting you go."

That. That right there provoked you. You pushed him away. "Let me go? You told me to get the hell out of your life. Stop talking like we were just this perfect thing that ended for no reason. I tried so many times to make things work. I gave you everything you wanted."

"You didn't give me everything I wanted."

Your jaw drops. "Oh really? You suggested a week's worth of space. I gave you that. You wanted me to stop talking to certain people and spend more time with you. I gave you that. I even stayed out of your way so you could work on becoming who you are to this day. Yet, I still didn't give you enough? So tell me Katsuki, what more could you possibly want?" You say while laughing through the tears that would've fallen if you didn't.

Ashamed of how selfish he was in the past; he looks away at the ground. I wanted you, is what he doesn't say.

You laugh again. "This is stupid, I'm going to bed." You push past him and find your way to his hall of bedrooms. You open the first door which is most definitely not your room.

There's a few of his clothes lying around, sticky notes plastered all on the walls, and his laptop sitting on the bed. You close the door and look to Bakugou who had been right behind you as you expected. You're too stubborn to say anything and he knows that.

He lets out a sigh as he walks in front of you, leading you to the bathroom. "This is your bathroom. You can shower and handle your business in here."

You notice there's a silk, champagne-colored robe hanging on the door. "I'm guessing one of them must have-"

Bakugou shakes his head. "It was bought specifically for you. I had my team bring in all your clothes. I want you to be as comfortable as possible."

It was a sweet gesture, but you still weren't going to completely forgive him yet.

He walks out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him. You look at your reflection in the mirror. You couldn't help but wonder if you looked anything like the girls Bakugou had maybe slept with in the past. Frowning at the girl in the mirror, you take a shower and put the rob on.

The tag had still been on it, so he wasn't lying when he said it was bought just for you. You walk out and see Bakugou rubbing a towel through his wet hair. He was shirtless wearing all black sweatpants. It was a good thing you could only see the back off him because damn were you about to lose it. He hadn't lost any muscle, if anything he gained more.

You cover your face with your hands. Am I really fangirling over his body right now? God, I'm a fucking twenty-two-year-old. You straighten your posture and clear your throat, that way he'd be aware of your presence. Horrible mistake. Once he looked in your direction his toned torso was the first thing your eyes landed on.

Fuck.

"Sorry. Your room is on the right. " You heard him say, but why couldn't you move? Your eyes were frozen in place. "Y/n?" He asks.

"Hm?" You say shaking your head trying to forget all the lewd thoughts that just appeared in your mind.

"Your room's on the right. I'll be in there in a second." He repeats.

"Mhm..." You say as you rigidly turn, practically sprinting to your room.

After moments of waiting, Bakugou appears with a shirt on. Thank God. He didn't hesitate before climbing into bed with you. "I'm only here because I have to make sure you don't fall asleep. I won't try anything sexual tonight, you have my word. "

You smile to yourself.

You two end up talking to each other the entire night. You constantly reminded him that he could go to sleep if he wanted, but he insisted on losing sleep for you. Tonight, you finally felt safe.