Chapter 21

Pranit's POV:
"I am her husband" I stated loudly while glaring at the guy who was talking with Sonakshi.I snaked my hand around her waist securely while looking at him.

He looked a bit of shock and said "Mr.Verma.... You.... I mean you are her husband?"

"Yes, do you have any problem" I asked him rudely.

"And Mr. whatever your name is... Stay away from my wife" I told him.

"Yes... Sir... Hmm... I think I should leave" He said hurridely and literally ran away.

I looked at Sonakshi and she was lost in her thoughts.

"A penny for your thoughts... Mrs.Verma" I whispered in her ear and she came out of her thoughts.

"Hmm... Nothing" she said clearly lieing to me.But I ignored it and took her with me.

After having a long conversation with Tushar uncle,Sid and Sadhana aunty we decided to take a leave.We bid a goodbye to all and settled in our car.

Sonakshi was continuously looking towards the view outside the window.She was silent the whole ride,I thought what would have happened.But I concluded that she might have been tiered because of the hectic day.

We reached our apartment after a while and she made her way towards her bedroom.I sighed and turned towards my room.I went to take a shower.As the water droplets started falling on my head my body relaxed.I closed my eyes and the kiss I shared with Sonakshi came through my vision.

Initially,I was really agitated at her behavior towards me when she said to maintain a distance with her.I know it's her right to stop me if she don't want me touching her,but for God's sake I am her husband.

This new liking towards her has made me do crazy things.I want to hug her,kiss her and keep her with me only.Nowadays,whenever I get some free time from my work I am so lost in her thoughts.This feeling is new to me and I just can't decipher how much she means to me.

I was angry at her for declining me so I ignored her.When we reached the party hall,I greated everyone.I was busy talking with everyone,when someone came and hugged me.It was none other than Ms.Bajaj.... Huh this woman.I jerked her hold from my body and I irritated to another level.But I stopped myself from saying something to her when I saw Mr.Bajaj approaching us.

I wished him and we started talking.The whole time that Samaira was clinging to me and I was irritated.Suddenly,the lights went off and the anchor requested everyone to have a dance with their respective partners.I immediately turned my head to look for Sonakshi but she was nowhere to be seen.

Samaira grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dance floor.I was least interested to dance with her but I didn't reject as Mr.Bajaj was there too.

After sometimes ,Sid came for my rescue and took her with him.I sighed in relaxation but then my eyes fall on my wife who was standing just few inches away from me.I stared at her for a while but then I decided to leave.I turned around but Tushar uncle stopped me.

Tushar Uncle said "Pranit,we're you going .... Dance with Sonakshi"

I can't deny his orders so I nodded my head in approval.I stood close to Sonakshi but didn't touch her.She tried to touch my hand but I jerked it and said"I can't touch you without your permission".

Her eyes became watery but she controlled herself.She hold both my hands and snaked it around her waist but I didn't hold it.Then she snaked her arms around my neck and rested her head on my chest.I still didn't hold her waist trying very hard to ignore her.

"I am sorry Mr.Verma....." She told me while looking in my eyes.I was staring back at her too.Out of the blue she kissed me on my lips.I stiffed at her sudden action and I was shocked would be an understatement.She realised what she did and back offed.She was  blushing while looking here and there.I was trying to process her action in my mind and my heart was beating fast.

I hold her chin up and crashed my lips on her again.I started sucking her soft lips and she started kissing me back.I hold her head and pushed her closer to me and deepened the kiss.I was lost in the kiss without caring about our surrounding.I just wanted that this moment should never end.But she was in need of oxygen so she pushed me a little to grab some air.Both of us were panting heavily.She looked at me meeting my gaze.She shyly looked away from my gaze and I chuckled.I whispered in her ears"You have a very unique way for apologizing,I can be mad at you all the time if you will apologize to me in such a sweet way"

She blushed hard and went away from me as the lights went on.I was smiling like an idiot.

I chuckled after remembering everything and turned off the shower.I wore my t-shirt and boxer and layed on my bed.I tried to sleep for a while but sleep was far away from me, because of certain someone.Suddenly,an idea popped in my head.I grabbed my cushion and blanket with me and made way towards Sonakshi's room.I knocked on the door and she opened it.She looked surprised to see me here.Before she could ask anything,I went in her room.

I layed on the bed and she was looking at me in confusion.

"My bed is not comfortable much..... Your bed is so soft.... I guess I can sleep here" I told her while smiling sheepishly.

"Ok..... But were will I sleep?" she asked me.

"On the same bed..... It is large enough to occupy two people" I told her.

"What?.... No... No need.... I will sleep in the living room" She declined.

Oh No.... My plan is going to get flop.Think something.Yeah... I got it.

"O.... You won't be able to control yourself if I will be so close to you.... Ok I know" I replied dramatically.

"No... It isn't as you think... Ok fine.. I will sleep here" she replied hesitantly making me relaxed.

She came near the other side of the bed and started placing the cushions between both of us as a wall.I was not liking this idea at all.

She layed on the bed while turning off the lights.She is smarter than I think.After a while,she slept peaceful.I quickly removed the cushions and back hugged her and brought her close to me.Her back was touching my chest and I kissed her head.After sometimes I went to sleep.Not before realizing that nowadays I don't need any sleeping pills to sleep.It all changed just because of Sonakshi.
***************************************
I woke up early next morning and found her close to me.I smiled and kissed her forehead and went to my room letting her sleep for a while.

I got an urgent work this morning so I freshen up quickly and told Anita Aunty that I am leaving early.I also told her to make some breakfast for Sonakshi and not to leave her before she eats it.I also informed one of my men to complete an important task for me and went.

Sonakshi and I had a discussion last night.She told me that she was hurt by my words and that I should immediately say a sorry to her. I myself was really guilty about it, so i genuinely apologized to her and we sorted it out.

When I was on my way to office,I got a call from Sonakshi's father.He informed me that there is some Pooja at there place and they have invited us.I happily agreed with him as I wanted to meet them all.

I reached my office and started working.After a short meeting with my staff I made my way towards my cabin.I reached the cabin and settled on the chair.Suddenly,my phone ranged and I smiled while looking at the name "Sonakshi"

Before I could speak anything she started speaking "Mr.Verma.... Why are you shifting my stuffs in your room?"

"Well Good morning to you too my wifey" I said sarcastically.

"Tell me the reason!" She demanded and I controlled my laugh.

"Ok... Cool down.... Actually I think it's better we stay together.After what happened in the party I don't think we should pretend staying away from each other" I said and for sometime there was utter silence on the other side.I bet she is blushing there.

"Ok,bye" Was her reply and then she cut the call.I laughed at her antics and decided to complete my work.

Huh.... I am happy with the way my life is changing.
***************************************

Hey everyone!
If you would like to make some suggestions please make a comment.
Hit the star ⭐ button if you like this chapter, it will encourage me a lot.

Thank you for reading....