Chapter 26

Pranit's Pov:

"Shall we start" my thoughts were broke by Rajnath Uncle's voice.He was sitting on a sofa opposite to mine.

I nodded my head in approval.

"Do you remember four year's ago, we went to Amritsar for that welfare program?" He asked me.

My mind moved in a flashback as I remembered that day.
......................................................................

Flashback:

The atmosphere here is quite warm.Blazing Sun is radiating its rays making sweat drops forming on my forehead.

Honestly speaking,I didn't want to come her at all but Rajnath Uncle forced me to do.

After reaching our hotel, we headed to our respective rooms to relax for an hour as the program was going to take place in the evening.

******

The charity program for NGO was a great success.Rajnath Uncle looked happy and enthusiastic.

I was talking with one of business associate when Uncle called me and introduced me to a man,to whom I was eager to meet.

"Pranit....This is Mr.Ahuja, a well known businessman and philanthropist" Uncle said while introducing me with him.

I shook my hand with him and said with a smile "Hello Sir,It's my pleasure to meet you.I have read a lot about you in business articles.You are my inspiration."

He was just staring at me with wide eyes and something undecipherable passed through his eyes.

After a minute of silence he spoke "Hmm... Yah... It's nice to meet you too.Ha... Rajnath ji will you please come with me.I want to discuss something with you"

Rajnath Uncle nodded his head and told me to stay here.I was confused by their behavior but decided to ignore it.

*****

An half-an-hour later a volunteer of NGO came towards me and inquired "Mr.Verma, Do you know where is Rajnath ji?,actually some people wanted to meet with him"

"Oh... I think....Give me 10 minutes I will bring him here" I told him.

"Ok, So I will tell them to wait for him" he said and I nodded my head in approval.

Firstly,I thought to go to his room, as there was a high chance of them being there. When I was heading towards his room, I found it slightly open and I move towards it.I heard Mr.Ahuja and Rajnath uncle having a slight argument on something.

"What do you mean he is my son?He can't be the one! "Mr.Ahuja spoke.

" I means that he is your own blood.... Can't you see his facial features, his personality everything matches with you...You don't even need a DNA test to prove it. "Rajnath Uncle furiously replied.

" Years back I have clearly told you that I won't accept him.Not at all.He was a mistake, a big mistake of my life"Mr.Ahuja spoke.

"Offcourse, now you will say such things, but what about that women.... She died while giving birth to your Son" Uncle replied.

"She was nothing to me.I was married at that time but she still decided to sleep with me ,so she needed to face the consequences" Mr.Ahuja spoke with a disgusting tone.

"She loved you..... She was crazily in love with you,but because of you jerk.... I lost one of my best friend" Rajnath Uncle spoke in slow voice almost chocking his words.

What's happening here? I thought.

I decided to interfere but Rajnath Uncle's next words made me shatter.

"He is your Son, Even you accept it or not but Pranit is your Son"

I wasn't sure of what I was listening.I was his Son. Mr.Ahuja's Son. Then why was I living the life of an orphan.

"He is not my son...... " Mr.Ahuja spoke making me numb.

I could barely move or think.I always had my father but still I was a orphan.And now when I know who my father is, he isn't accepting my existence.

I couldn't hear any further, so turned around and hurridely left that place.
Making my way towards the in-built bar in the hotel, I decided to drink... a lot.

After seventh one I lost the counts of shots.I was consuming alcohol continuously, to forget what I heard.I don't want to believe it, but still it's the truth.

Taking a bottle of alcohol with me,I made my way towards exit of hotel.I walked for a while still in my thoughts that I didn't remember,Red lights were flashing on the traffic signal.

I ignored the car horns and started walking to the another end.Suddenly, I saw a car making its way towards me.I stood there watching it and thought that its better that I die.

My vision was blur and thoughts too.The only thing that was clear , the voice of car nearing me.

I closed my eyes in anticipation and a sudden push from back made me fall a little ahead.My head hit the ground and everything turned dark.

When I opened my eyes, I was in hospital . Rajnath Uncle told me that I was unconscious for a long time.I was going to get hit by a car but he saved me.

He scolded me for my careless behavior and later told me about my parents.

My father had an extra-marital affair with my mother which lead to my birth.She was one of Rajnath uncle's friend,so he helped her a lot.But while giving me birth she lost her life.So, Rajnath Uncle kept me with him as my father was not ready to take my responsibility.

It was the worst day of my life.The worst.
........................................................................
Present day:

"Ofcourse I remember it Uncle.How could I forget it" I told Uncle while recalling that event.

Uncle nodded his head and said "I... actually didn't told you the whole story about the accident"

"What do you mean? " I asked in confusion.

"Pranit you weren't saved by me that day.... " He said making me confused.

"Then who? " I asked him curiously.

"It was.... SONAKSHI"

My eyes widen in shock and I looked at him in disbelief.Heart was beating fast and sweats were forming on my palm.

"Sonakshi..... " a silent whisper left from my mouth.

This can't be true.

************************************
Hey everyone!

More revelations to be done in the next chapter.Stay tuned.

If you would like to make some suggestions please make a comment.
Hit the star ⭐ button if you like this chapter, it will encourage me a lot.

Thank you for reading....