Chapter 1 - The New Kid

Thank you to @-AXKWXRDWXIRDO - you inspired me to write :)

It was another regular day at Cornwell High... except it wasn't. Today was going to be different, for me and for someone else too. But old me didn't know that.

So I just followed my daily routine. Nothing much happened the first half of the day - all my boring classes were just as boring as ever. No, everything changed during lunch.

I normally hate lunch, because I know it's the time that everyone is whispering about that kid in the corner who never talks - AKA me. So I didn't expect much.

I had heard the rumors about a new kid - "A guy," They said. "He has green eyes."

He was my type, I had thought. Too bad he'd be sitting with the other jocks and being a jock himself.

Or so I thought.

While I sat at my table, I found my way into Ingrid's chat group, changed my name to "Ingrid" and texted, "Hey, do u have the cute guy's #?"

The girls glanced at Ingrid, who was tapping furiously on her phone.

One of them sent his number. I copied it, quickly left the group, added it to my contacts for emergency use, and before the girls noticed, I slid my phone into my bag. I mentally wiped my brow.

Then a hush went over the cafeteria. I looked up for a second, meeting a pair of strangely green eyes... and then I blushed, looking away. The guy just kept walking to the only other empty table - the one next to "mine."

He's not sitting with the jocks, Was all that was on my mind. Maybe he's different.

No. Remember all the times you thought they were different, and then you just got backstabbed?

But there's something different about him, The other part of my brain insisted. He's not sitting with everyone else.

Past me finally got the guts to text the boy (I didn't even know his name at this point) and I just texted, "Hi."

The boy looked up and saw me texting, so he responded with a "Hey."

I pursed my lips. Didn't look like he was the texting type, so I wrote, "Meet me at room 304 after 8th period. don't be late. k?"

The bell rung.

I didn't even look back at my phone to see if he responded or not. All I could think was,

I'm making a big mistake.