Chapter 5 - She's Different

Tyler's P.O.V:

I never told MJ this, but I was watching her as she left on that starry night.

It wasn't the creepy sort of way. The only reason I did it was because I wanted to make sure she was safe. And yeah, I hadn't ever done that before.

As I watched her take out her phone, she suddenly looked up, and for a second I thought she noticed me. But she just began to talk, to no one in particular.

I blinked. 

Then she started to cry. I immediately tensed up. What did I say? What did I do? 

Yet I could see a sad smile on her face.

I immediately rushed down the stairs and opened the door. "MJ?"

"I'm here," She whispered. She was sitting on the sidewalk.

"Are... you okay?" I asked cautiously. I wasn't really good at this sort of thing.

"I'm fine," She said, and there was a smile plastered on her face. I wasn't really that smart, but I knew that was a lie.

"Is it your parents?"

"They'll be here in 10 minutes."

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Come on, I know something's up. Tell me." I said quietly. "I'm a good listener."

Morgan just dipped her head and played with her fingers.

Well, here goes nothing. I reached over and took her small hand in mine. She looked up and smiled.

It wasn't an freakishly excited smile.

But it was something.

I squeezed her hand in response, and we spent the next ten minutes gazing at the stars.