Chapter 7 - Normal?

The next few days were normal.

But it was a new kind of normal.

Instead of sitting alone during lunch, I sat with Tyler. I told him not to sit with me, because it would make him less popular, but-

"When I defended you, Ingrid did not look happy," Tyler shrugged. "There's no going back. Besides, I like being with you." That had me turning red.

Oh - did I mention that we had all of our classes together? Well, we did. We were in chemistry class.  And as sweet and kind Tyler was...

... he was still a boy. An annoying, irksome boy. With beautiful emerald eyes...

So, in a nutshell, my feelings for Tyler were all over the place.

But the moment a crumpled up piece of paper was tossed at me, my feelings gravitated towards "irksome".

I opened it, muttering something about stupid boys, and skimmed through it.

do u mind if i come to ur house?

I stopped myself from writing "no i do mind" and instead wrote "ya sure just lemme ask my parents first"

I gave it to him.

 Tyler read it, scribbled something on the paper, then passed it back to me.

ok

After class ended, I asked him, "Why didn't you just text me or something?"

"Didn't want to get caught."

He seems to be in a bad mood, I thought to myself.

"Are... you okay?"

He ignored me and kept walking.

I touched his shoulder. "Dude. Please tell me."

"It's none of your business."

"Well, it is my business if you invited yourself to my house," I snapped.

Tyler turned around. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I just have lots of stuff going on that I really don't want to talk about." Well, so do I!

"You're not the only one with problems." I said, crossing my arms.

"Family problems?"

I nod.

Tyler's features softened slightly, and I felt myself relax. He was intense. "Do you want to talk about-"

"NO! If you won't open up when I asked you first, then I'm not going to when you asked second!" I practically screamed. I didn't notice that a couple heads had turned. Didn't care.

Tyler grabbed my arm. "Morgan, wait-"

"Don't call me that." I wrenched my arm away. I hated that name, hated that it reminded me of her.

"Please," Tyler pleaded.

How do I say no to-

Stop. I can't. He would never like me.

And if he does? What if I push him away?

He's way out of my league! He shouldn't like me.

 "MJ?"

"I need to go," I say, my voice stone cold.

And I briskly walked out of the room, not looking back.

A/N You're probably mad at me but we need some drama! Like... they aren't perfect. And additionally, they aren't a "thing." Will they ever be?

Patience!