Chapter 4 - The Future

"So, what's yours?"

"Me? I don't really have a thing." I admitted. "I'm just... I guess I like writing." 

"Well, where's your journal?"

I passed my book to him. "I have 5 others," I added.

He grinned. "So you're an author and I'm an artist. Maybe we can work together."

I groaned. "Just read it, please. Get my humiliation over with."

He read.

And read.

And continued to read until I tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Hey."

He looked up and only then I could see the beam on his face. "This is amazing! Seriously!"

Then he got off the need and bowed down. "Please, your honor, I request thy signature!"

"Are you mocking me?"

"No, your highness! Spare me!"

I snorted and gave him my hand, which he took gratefully.

"But really, it's amazing." He told me as he got up.

"Thanks." I said with a small smile.

And it was only then that I realized I hadn't felt this way in a long time.

--

"It was nice having you over, MJ."

"Same," I told him. "Well, I gotta go-"

"Before you go," Tyler grabbed my arm before I turned around. "Please send me more of your book? I want to finish it. You interrupted me on a cliffhanger."

"All right! I haven't gotten it peer reviewed yet, so I guess that works... tell me if it's cringe."

"I will. But that's highly unlikely," He added.

A smile crossed my face. "Good night, Tyler."

I called my mom to let her know, and looked up at the sky.

"Is that you, Emily?" I said to one of the stars, the one that was shining brighter than everything else. "Thank you for giving me this. But... no one will ever replace you. Ever."

"I miss you," I added softly. "So, so much." I smiled sadly as a tear rolled down my cheek. "You were the best friend I ever had. And... there's so much I never told you that I wish I did."

A/N I never do these but I just have to say... Tyler's POV is next!!

I promise this won't just be about Tyler and MJ's relationship. There are more important conflicts coming up :)

Something happened to MJ's old friend, all we know is that her name is Emily...