Patching things up

Joshua remembered a song from the Sweeney Todd musical that he sang when he was in the role of Tobias Ragg as he, Tammie and Sweeney soothed his little niece, whom was shaking and sobbing.

"Oh, Mei..." Joshua comforted. "It's okay, sweetheart...shhh...shhh..."

"Don't go...!" Mei sobbed on to Sweeney's shoulder.

"Never, sweet...I've got you, little love...shhh...shhh..." Sweeney soothed to Mei as he cuddled her and kissed her forehead.

"We're here, baby girl." Tammie soothed.

Nothing's gonna harm you
Not while I'm around
Nothing's gonna harm you, no sir
Not while I'm around

Demons are prowling everywhere
Nowadays
I'll send them howling, I don't care
I've got ways...Joshua softly sang to little Mei. The little girl relaxed in Sweeney's arms as the barber nuzzled her forehead and kissed her soaked cheeks with tears.

No one's gonna hurt you
No one's gonna dare
Others can desert you
Not to worry; whistle I'll be there
Demons'll charm you with a smile
For a while
But in time...
Nothing can harm you
Not while I'm around...Joshua softly crooned to his little niece while wiping her tears away.

"You found me..." Mei smiled at Sweeney.

"Indeed I did..." Sweeney hugged his little Mary now tenderly. He looked up at Joshua now. "Your voice is beautiful, lad..."

"Aww shucks..." Joshua blushed good-naturedly.

"No, it's true!" Sweeney chuckled. "It's soft like an angel's."

"I try." Joshua smiled, down to earth.

Not to worry, not to worry
I may not be smart, but I ain't dumb
I can do it, put me to it
Show me something I can overcome
Not to worry, Mei...
Being close and being clever, ain't like being true
I don't need to, I would never hide a thing from you
Like some...Joshua continued to soothe to Mei.

Mei relaxed, knowing that she had Sweeney, her mom and uncle Joshie to calm her. Suddenly, she saw a 12 year old boy...the same boy in the dream that slit Sweeney's throat; panic now raced through her body as she screamed and tightly held on to Sweeney's neck.

"Mare, wha—umpf!!" Sweeney questioned but then held on to Mei, trying to calm her. He knew now...it was Toby. But he didn't have the razor in his hand. Tammie saw and looked with compassion.

"I know why you did what you did..." Tammie softly said to Toby. "...it did scare Mei's past self though."

"I never meant to scare Mary, Mr. T. I didn't know..." Toby reasoned.

"I know, lad...I should've told you what happened to me years before." Sweeney nodded, softly agreeing. "And you were right to off me right then and there."

"Please, don't hurt him!" Mei squeaked in terror as she panicked, tears streaking her face as she held on to Sweeney tightly, and protectively. She remembered what had happened down at the bake house. She wasn't going to let it happen again.

"It's okay, Mei-bunny..." Tammie comforted.

"Mei, easy, breathe...breathe..." Joshua soothed to little Mei.

"Shhh...shh...easy, love...I've got you...I've got you, Mare..." Sweeney soothingly calmed Mei as he gathered her in his arms. It was his turn to calm his little love now as he rubbed up and down her bare back with the lavender lotion which Joshua gave him.