Joshua's cancer scare

It was Thanksgiving night. Everyone had turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes and stuffing. Joshua couldn't eat and both Eli and him detected that something was wrong near his pancreas. Since Joshua had gone to the hospital to see what was wrong, Stephen was on double dad duty with not only Rachel but with Joshua's ten girls.

It was revealed that Joshua had pancreatic cancer and that he had to go through chemotherapy. While Joshua was at the hospital doing chemotherapy, Sweeney, David and Stephen went to Winterhurst Skating Rink to bring the Cuyahoga Trinity Special Olympics athletes the news about Joshua; and they helped twins Shaye and Sharita Taylor, looking over what Joshua went over with the girls; jumps, spins and edges; Sweeney had Shaye while David and Stephen worked with Sharita.

There was one evening that Rani felt the pain from the chemotherapy that Joshua was going through. Ed was cradling the poor girl in his arms. Mei, overcome by what she was hearing, fainted and passed out. Sweeney carried Mei to her bedroom and cuddled with her.

"Rani...!" Mei worried as she woke up. Her breathing quickened when she fretted.

"Shh...shhh...easy, love, breathe...breathe..." Sweeney soothingly nuzzled her forehead and stroked her cheeks. "I know, sweet..."

"Rani...is she okay?" Mei asked.

"She will be, love..." Sweeney soothing reassured as he wrapped his arms around Mei. "Rani has a very special bond with your uncle, you see...whenever one is hurt, the other feels it." He explained softly as he rubbed the lavender lotion on her. The sweet girl nestled in his arms and laid her head on the crook of the barber's neck. "But they'll be alright, sweet...it is something special that Rani has ever since she was born."

Mei nodded sleepily as Sweeney kissed her cheek soothingly.

"He's okay!" Mei could hear Rani cry relieved in Stephens' arms. Mei breathed a sigh of relief for both Rani and Joshua. Surely, her grandpa Jim was making sure that her uncle Joshua had to live. She just hugged Sweeney and the barber returned it, kissing Mei's forehead. He wrapped his arms around his little sweet and gently rocked back and forth with her. The barber lulled to Mei the song from when she was a baby.

The book of love is long and boring
No one can lift the sweetest thing
It's full of charts and facts, and figures
And instructions for dancing
But I
I love it when you read to me.
And you
You can read me anything.

The book of love has music in it

In fact that's where music comes from
Some of it's just transcendental
Some of it's just really dumb

But I

I love it when you sing to me
And you

You can sing me anything...Sweeney softly lulled to Mei as she drifted off to sleep. Throughout the whole ordeal, Barbara had breast cancer and it started from the beginning of September onwards; she lived to see Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, but on February 3, 2005, after a hard battle with breast cancer and after she gave Joshua the rosary to help him fight pancreatic cancer, she passed away. Barb's body was cremated after the wake for her and Tammie kept her mom's ashes in an urn; half of her ashes with her and the other with Kateryna.

Finally, it was February 14th, 2005. At school, Mei was drawing hearts and picking out chocolates for Sweeney and Stephen to eat. Tammie and Bridget picked her up from school and headed home with their sweet little girl and Mei found...Joshua, at last home, from the hospital.