Chapter 11

Montana heads to the cafeteria to take his breakfast before remembering that he has a video from a fan for his overall career before the aliens. He decides to have his breakfast inside his ship where he takes out his tab and watches the video while listening to the music in his headphones. 

(This's the part where I narrated his past to now while following the music)

The video starts with Montana onboard his ship surrounded by mist as he stares blindly into it with his rifle on his chin between his hands. The wind was howling lightly for Montana's liking before closing his eyes and letting a sigh, he then orders his ship to go full speed, driving straight into the mist for some time before the mist begins to fade and light to show in front of him and glows brighter before disappearing and presents him a glimpse of the Azur Lane girls playing at  Pearl Harbor after he successfully repelled the Japanese surprise attack. The mist rolls in and changes the scene to Midway and Santa Cruz respectively, where he suffered his first two losses, Yorktown and Hornet, leaving Enterprise the sole survivor of the Yorktown Class. The mist continues to change scenes, remembering his best moments and victories and mourning the loss of other ships under his command, including his one stand against the numerical superiority of the Japanese fleet destined to ambush the Marines. At WW2's end, Montana lost about 10 ships under his command, most of them were from Taffy 3 which he hadn't known much about them, but he knew they were tough and were born fighters. They were the ones that give him the information about the Japs' ambush plans.

Montana's first fleet Admiral was in love with the sister of one of Enterprise's fighter pilots. They first met during their school days and their relationships grew during the war. However, he will soon suffer more losses during peacetime. In 1948, Montana's first fleet Admiral married his sister, but 10 years later, just as they get their first baby girl, his wife died and at the same time, The Grey Ghost was sent to the scrapyard where her parts will be used for CVN-65. From 1958 to 1966, most of the ships he knows and respects were either being nuked or scraped, most notably the Cleveland class with the USS Little Rock (CL-92) as the only survivor of the class and the Essex class leaving CV-10, CV-11, CV-12, and CV-16 as the survivors. 

Despite these horrors, He managed to get through the trauma as he continued his career, thanks to the Iowas, Midway, Little Enty (CVN-65), and some of the surviving ships of the Second World War sailing right behind him. Enty asks him for a lift, which he obliges with a smile before looking at the sunset in front of them as they cruise along the Pacific Ocean. However, even with their help, he still feels sad.

Narrator: Montana was a fighting legend that risked his life saving many lives as they were like family members to him but every time he looked at his loved ones still alive, he still see the faces of the deceased ones. To this day, his depression never left his mind.

(Ends here)

However, because he's way inside of his emotions, he wasn't aware that Enterprise was inside his ship, looking for him after she woke up from her sleep. When she found him inside his room, she decide to join in the video and watched it all the way. Now she has a clear understanding of his past when she saw Montana shedding a tear before he speaks ...

Montana: Over and over again, I stood by in place while people I loved suffered and died in front of me. I watched families be destroyed and said nothing, did nothing to even calm those who had lost her sister. The blood of their crew is on my shoulders again, and again. I have stood by and watched these tragedies happen. I was so lost in my mind about the war and my enemies that was unable to care enough to try and prevent them. Am I not allowed to have a happy life?  Am I just here to see the other's happiness while I'm just filled with every negative feeling I know? Am I just a burden to the-