Medication - Sarah Paulson

Author's note : my first one shots story, hope you'll enjoy ! Don't hesitate to send me suggestions of what you want me to write.

Take care x

Sarah helps the reader taking her medication. 

Sarah is a mother figure to the reader because they are both acting and on the same set since years.

TW - Anxiety, Medication & Pills

-- words count : 745 --

I am very anxious because I don't really know my texts for the shooting. I went to bed very very late yesterday and this morning I just feel exhausted. I try to stay as long as I can in my bed but my alarm kept ringing so I turn it off and I stand up. I go to my closet and pick a comfortable outfit. Then I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put a little bit of makeup in order to hide my dark circles. I took my car keys and I stopped at Starbucks to buy a coffee.

I arrive quickly on set and I park on my usual spot. When I step off of my car, I nearly bump into someone.

"Hey ! Careful (y/n) !!"

I recognize immediately the voice, it's Sarah. She is a mother figure to me since my parents left to live in another country. I know her since we started working together, three or four years ago. But she is also a friend, who take care of me.

"Wow you look... kinda cute with those dark circles. You look like... a panda." She says trying not to offense me.

"Argghh I know, I didn't sleep well, I don't know my lines and it's too early to think straight." I answer."

Sarah smiles at me and we walk to the set together.

After the hair and dresser we go to the makeup session and then we are ready to start filming. But at my first scene, I already hesitate on my lines.

"Come on (y/n) it's okay, check it on your phone if your want." Whispers Sarah behind me. I can see all the annoying faces around me and my producer seems angry. I was suppose to learn my text two weeks ago but I was too tired and depressed to do it.

I check my lines and I try again. But two scenes after, it's the same situation, I forget my lines.

"Come on (y/n) it's not that difficult !!" Yells the producer. "Five minutes break for everyone !"

He looks at me angrily and I go straight to my trailer without noticing that Sarah follows me. When I try to shut my trailer's door, Sarah steps inside. I turn not to face her and put my hands on my face, tears already flooding my cheeks.

"Oh honey don't cry it's okay." Sarah says while she pulls me in a hug.

"I'm so stu- stupid" I say with hiccup through my cries. "I can even learn two- two lines"

"You're everything but stupid sweetheart. It happens to everyone !" Sarah is trying to reassure me but I really feel like shit.

"Hey hey hey, baby look at me." She says more sternly this time. As I'm still looking down she lift my chin to force me to look into her deep eyes.

"You're tired and you don't look good sweetie. I'm sure there is an explanation for that."

"No, I'm just an idiot." I say still crying my eyes out. Sarah lift my head even higher.

"You-are-not-an-idiot (y/n)." She says very sternly. "You're an incredible and beautiful young woman, a powerful actress and this little head of yours is lying to you and I think I know why."

I look at Sarah confused.

"(Y/n), did you take your medication this morning ?"

I think for a few seconds and then I realize. I forgot to take my pills because I was very late.

"No, no you're right !" I say standing up. "I forgot, that's why I feel like that, right ?"

"Yes honey, that's right. Now do you have your pills in your bag ?" Sarah asks looking for it.

"I think so."

Sarah look for it a bit and finally take off a little blue box.

"Found it !" She says triumphant. "Now you take one and you are going to rest a bit. I will talk to the producer and he'll understand." Sarah smiles and stands up. I smile to her as well and I swallow my pill with a sip of water, then I lie down on the couch of my trailer and my eyes close quickly because I'm so tired, but finally relieved of my stress.