A Cry for Help - Abby Gerhard (part 1)

Abby is reader's mom best friend and she is looking at (y/n) when her mom isn't here. She's going to notice (y/n)'s ED and will help her with her disorder.

TW : Eating Disorder, Talk of suicide, Drowning

-- words count : 750 --

My mom left me yesterday to go on a trip with a friend, but she needed someone to take care of me while she wasn't here, so she asked her best friend, Abby. I know Abby since I'm a baby, I never told her about my struggle with food, and I think my mother never mentioned it neither.

I arrived at her house yesterday evening and as it was very late, I went to sleep immediately, so I didn't have to eat.

Today, I woke up late in order to avoid breakfast, and it worked. But lunch approaches and I start to feel stressed about it.

"(Y/n) ! Lunch's ready !"

I hear Abby screaming from downstairs. I swallow the lump in my throat but I have no choice, I need to go.

Once I'm downstairs, I sit across Abby and she gives me a full plate of salad, vegetables and meat.

"Bon appetit." She says smiling.

I give her a slight smile and I start picking at the salad with my fork, but it's so hard for me. I'm hungry. In fact, I'm starving. But I can't eat, I can't ruin all my progresses, I can't gain back the pounds I so hardly lost.

"Don't you like it ?" Asks Abby as she notices my disgusted face.

"No ! No it's not- it's good it's just that I- I'm not really hungry right now." I lie.

"But sweetheart you didn't eat anything this morning. You need to nourish your body !"

"I know I just- I don't feel like eating for now."

"Oh okay." Abby only says with a slight disappointed expression. "I'll save your plate for later." And with that, she puts it on the fridge and finishes her own plate. Later that day, as I'm resting on my bed, she comes in the bedroom after knocking.

"Hey (y/n), do you want to go on a walk ? I know a very pretty way to go to the river, and we could also swim there if you're okay with it ?" She kindly asks and I agree as I was starting to get bored.

We make our bags and start walking along the path. I can feel that it's hard to walk with an empty stomach as I'm starting to get weaker, but I successfully hide it to Abby. We stop at the river and she takes off her dress, to reveal an orange swimsuits. I do the same but quickly hide my body behind my towel.

"It's very hot out there. Let's try the water ?" Abby asks me with a nice smile and I falsely nod, I really don't want to show her my fat body.

I let her walk a bit in front of me and I join her. I've plan to go to the water quickly so that she can't see my big body, but I'm surprised at how cold the water is so I just stop in front of it. That's when Abby turns towards me and I can see her jaw drop.

"(Y/n) you're... You look like a ghost honey !" She approaches me with a shocked face and a sad expression, and then analyses my body as I feel really, very uncomfortable.

"Oh god, your ribs, your thighs... You're only skin and bones ! (Y/n) I didn't know it was that bad !" She said walking to grab her towel.

"It's not bad it's- it's fine... I'm fine."

"No you're not. You're sick (y/n)." She states as she grabs my arm and tries to walk me to my towel.

"No Abby don't touch me !"

"(Y/n) go sit down and eat something or... Or at least talk to me sweetheart."

"No I- I don't want to talk !" I start to get aggressive. "We came here to enjoy the river so that's what I'm gonna do." I say as I start walking to the cold water. My body feels numb but I don't care, I just want Abby to stop looking at my me, I want to hide in the water, so I swim, fast and far. I swim until I can't breathe, until I'm so out of breath I have to stop, and as I hear Abby screaming my name, I turn around to see her running then swimming to me, but then I don't feel anything, so I let myself floating on the water, in the water. And the river just swallows my weak body as I stop fighting.