3. Cute Moments and Curse Words

It was Saturday. The day of the match which would let Tobio and Hinata finally join the volleyball team. Hiromi couldn't wait for them to drag the other first years across the mud. They all had already met and it wasn't the best first encounter.

Yamaguchi Tadashi seemed like a very kind person who was a very supportive friend. But Tsukishima Kei was such a prick, she wanted to punch the smug look off that smartass so bad. What he had said to them that day had ticked her off very much.

During the match, Hiromi stood close to Kiyoko. Holy shit! Tanaka-kun was right! She is such a goddess, I'm gonna die, I'm too hideous to be next to her. She is so sweet too. Wow... just... wow, she thought and stared at her for some more time, thinking her senior looked familiar. She just couldn't quite place her finger on it. Kiyoko turned around and smiled at her, making her realize that she was probably staring like a creep. She smiled back awkwardly, mentally kicking herself and quickly switched her focus back on the match.

The match went well and Tobio's team won, much to Hiromi's satisfaction. She looked over at Tsukishima. When their eyes met, he glared at her and she gave him the fakest, sweetest smile she could muster, just like the one he had given her the first time they met.

"You guys were so cool!" she said, giving Hinata and Tanaka a high five. Of course, she could never forget about Tobio. She gave him a quick, tight hug and he ruffled her hair in return.

After that, normal volleyball practice continued. Tobio was having the time of his life. He was finally part of the team. He immediately started working on his tosses with the spikers. He vowed to train until he was kicked out of the gym.

While the boys practised in the gym, Hiromi left for the track field to train by herself. Her club didn't have practice that day, so she had the field all to herself. It was a rare opportunity, one she couldn't waste.

--------------------------------------------

Hours later, Tobio went to the track field to meet with Hiromi. When he reached the place, he saw her cooling down before she sat on the track floor and stared up at the sky. He watched her for a few more seconds before walking to her and plopping down next to her.

The sky painted with dark colours, the light refreshing breeze and the comforting sound of their breathing was soothing. It was nice, it was just the two of them. She lightly leaned onto his arm.

"Ugh, you're sweaty," he complained.

"You're sweaty too and you stink like hell," she retaliated.

And the tender moment was ruined....

"Then why are you putting your head on my shoulder? Looks like you aren't that smart."

"Says the guy who cannot survive unless I help him study."

They both were glaring at each other. He whacked her head, she did the same thing and then they both were wrestling each other to the ground. It soon turned into their typical 'pillow war', except instead of pillows, they were using their duffel bags.

"Shithead, dumbass!"

"Is that all you got, you pea-brained simpleton?!"

"Idiotic, foolish, stupid nerd!"

"They all mean the same thing, you knuckleheaded nincompoop!"

"What the hell are you even saying, you freaking weirdo?!"

"It's not my fault your vocabulary is limited to 'dumbass'!"

Suddenly Tobio stopped fighting. They both tripped, with him falling on his back and her falling on top of him.