5. Shopping and Encounters

Tobio and Hiromi loathed going to the mall and dress shopping, especially accompanying their mothers. Mothers, though the most marvellous people on earth, could become the most terrifying if they wanted. They were forced to tag along because apparently, they 'needed new clothes'. Though it was clear that it was their mothers who would do all the shopping, they were being dragged along just to be used as shopping bag holders.

It took them very little time to get their shopping done, their items only consisted of sportswear. On the other hand, their mothers took forever to shop. After they were done, the mothers left their children at the food court and went off to get a one hour massage and treatment for a fifty per cent discount at the new spa, then they planned to go for a movie.

"Ugh, I can't believe they keep using us like this," Hiromi grumbled to which he nodded in agreement, too irritated to say anything. He tossed the bags that were assigned to him onto the chair next to him as she did the same.

They both sat for some time to take a rest after a torturously long and exhausting shopping session. It's funny how they are so full of stamina and always go beyond their limit, especially when it comes to playing their beloved sports but when it comes to shopping they get worn out so easily.

"Y'know, they did leave a credit card with us. Since we are here anyways, we should take advantage of it," she suggested with an evil grin.

"I like your thinking. Let's go all out." He smirked just as evilly.

"What do you think we should do?"

"They keep pestering us to buy 'nice or formal clothes'. So, let's do it, those clothes are costly. An effective way of wasting money, don't you think?" he said, surprising her with his genius plan.

"OH. MY. GOD. I should capture this moment," she said, quickly snapping a picture of his resting moody face. "So you can be smart sometimes, maybe I'm rubbing off on you."

"Shut up. I'm always smart." He flicked her forehead.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." She rolled her eyes at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Why are you asking me? Aren't you smart enough to figure it out yourself?"

"Ugh, just... just shut the hell up, dumbass. Let's go." He stood up, picking up his bags.

"I won this argument." She laughed getting ready to leave too.

"Good for you," he said in a highly sarcastic tone which made her even more amused.

Once in the store, they separated to look for clothes and decided to meet up in front of a mannequin dressed in yellow clothing after they were done. When they returned to their meet up place, they had quite a few clothes in hand.

"You should try yours first since this was your idea." She made it sound like she was disinterested but in reality, she couldn't wait to see Tobio in those new clothes.

He shrugged and went ahead to try them out while she waited outside the male's changing rooms. Every outfit that he tried on and showed her, made her blush so much that she had to cover her cheeks with her hands. The guy could pull off anything. Curse this adorable dense fool for being so effortlessly gorgeous. My heart can't take this! AHHHHHHHH! She hoped he didn't notice the huge smile that she was trying to fight off her face.

"So, which ones should I get?" he asked, suddenly appearing beside her, startling her out of her daydreams.

"Ah... umm... sorry, I uh... got lost in my head. What did you say?"

He scoffed then whacked her head lightly. "Are your head out of the clouds now?"

"Yeah!" She smiled, closing her eyes and rubbing her head sheepishly.