10. A Heist and Revenge

"HAAAAHHH..." Hiromi stretched out on the floor of her childhood friend's room. "That was an amazing week! I wanna go back!"

"You just got back to Miyagi, show this place some respect," Tobio scoffed, making revolutions with his revolving chair.

"Shut up. I know you're daydreaming about Tokyo too," she shot back which shut him up because she was right. She smirked in victory. "But I am also happy to get back home. Karasuno learned a lot and has a lot to improve on. The next phase for us is to become better by practising here on our own."

Tobio nodded in agreement. "By the way, was there anything related to volleyball in Kamomedai? I told you about the track team in Shinzen. Is there any intel you have for me?"

Luckily for Hiromi, she wasn't facing him or the smile on her face would give away her secret. "The only thing I know is that they'll really surprise you with the kind of talent they have, very similar to Karasuno in some ways. They are definitely good. Don't take them lightly. The rest, I guess you'll just have to find out yourself someday, maybe when you go to the nationals. It's better that way... more... exciting."

He raised an eyebrow, it seemed like she was hiding something but he brushed off the suspicion quickly. "That was vague but I guess it's good enough."

"I'll go change into pyjamas. Be right back." She was about to leave through his window when he caught hold of the collar of her shirt. "Yeah?" She raised an eyebrow.

He grumbled something to himself and ground his teeth together. It was clear to Hiromi that he wanted to tell her something important but was holding back. He finally said, "Don't take too long, slowpoke." After a second of hesitation, he let go of her collar.

She narrowed her eyes, "You got all intense just to say that? And did you really have to insult me?"

"Yeah. Got a problem?" He crossed his arms and avoided eye contact.

She just rolled her and let out a loud sigh. "Whatever. See ya."

She returned to Tobio's room to see him sitting on his chair and idly tossing his volleyball. "When is Miwa-neechan arriving? She promised to make dango-jiru and tonkatsu and I'm really hungry!"

"You're just a dumbass who gets hungry too easily." The next second, his stomach grumbled loudly.

A shit-eating grin painted her face. "Yeah, I know I am." She playfully patted his tummy making him glare at her. "And you are too."

Once again he couldn't retaliate because again she was right and she even had proof which had been provided by his loud stomach. Instead, he said, "Now that I think about it, she may have mentioned to me that she'd be arriving a little later."

Hiromi face-palmed. "Seriously? 'Think' and 'may have'? Your ignorance towards important things is going to kill me." She dropped onto his bed on her back in a dramatic way, like she had been shot.

"Then please die fast," he stated in his usual monotone.

"Ouch!" She pretended to choke. "The lack of food, the idiotic behaviour and hate from my best friend, I can't withstand this much pain!" She kicked her legs around, supposedly struggling for air, and then stopped moving completely.

He scoffed. "Drama Queen..." A few seconds of silence went by before he continued, "... I need to tell you something. Stop pretending to be dead, it makes you look like an idiot."

She didn't budge but he knew exactly how to deal with such a situation. "I don't want to be near the crime scene and the dead body is starting to rot, I better throw it out of my window." Tobio promptly picked up Hiromi's 'dead' body and stood next to his open window. He could see that she was starting to struggle with her act and he smirked evilly. "On the count of three..." He started swinging her. "One... Two..."