7. Friends and Fans

Tobio was trying his best to focus in class and write some notes but his efforts were futile. He gave up on trying to stay awake too quickly but he didn't really care. Besides, there were only fifteen minutes left till lunch break, a little nap wouldn't hurt.

His head jerked up when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He looked around to see that the teacher was already gone. There were only a few students in the classroom which meant he had slept through the bell. He looked up to see who had woken him up and was surprised to see a girl who looked oddly familiar and a group of girls behind her. She stood in front of his desk with her hands on her hips.

He didn't realize that they were standing there to talk to him, so he just nodded at them. He took out his bento box and was about to leave when he was stopped by someone grabbing his hand. "Hey, Kageyama-kun~! Where are you going? We're here to talk to you." The girl gestured towards herself and the others.

He removed his hand from her grasp and rubbed his chin in confusion. "Do I know you?"

The girl's eye twitched in annoyance and she balled her fists to calm herself. Tobio had already humiliated her once. She would never let him do the same thing twice, especially in front of people. She let out a high pitched laugh and tried to grab his hand again but he moved away, starting to feel uncomfortable. "Ah! I love boys who are aloof, hard to get, y'know? It makes it all the more fun~! I'm sure you would have realized who I am by now but in case you haven't, I'm Ando Kazumi."

He raised an eyebrow, getting more confused by the second. "Still hung up on Nakai? Ugh, don't you know? She's a cheater. No wonder she can run like that. A good sportsman like you should stay away from people like her. Be with me instead."

His eyes widened in realization. This girl was just like Arai. She was trying to hurt Hiromi and it made his blood boil. There was no way he would let anyone mess with his best friend again. "Everything you just said was bullshit. And I better not see you near me or Hiromi ever again."

"How dare you talk to me like that? I was just trying to ask you ou-"

"I don't care."

As he tried to leave, he was stopped once again by her hand grabbing his arm. "You just made a big mistake."

Tobio only scoffed, prying her hand off him, he finally left the class and came face to face with Hiromi. She had been there for some time and had gotten a good idea of what had happened. She was glad to have a friend like Tobio who would always have her back. Giving his hand an affectionate squeeze, she said, "I'll be right back."

She walked straight towards Ando and moved close to her to make sure only she could hear. "I know what you're planning. You're going to say fake shit about Tobio to the teachers, right? And because you're a girl and you're popular, you think they'll believe you over him. I admit you're an evil genius. Sadly, I'm popular too, especially with the teachers. Plus, Tobio's classmates saw everything, they are proof that you were harassing him. See where this is going? Leave us alone if you know what's best." Hiromi's smile sent a chill down the other girl's spine, ensuring that she wouldn't bother them again.

Tobio and Hiromi walked towards the school vending machine, their everyday meeting spot for lunch break. After getting their milk boxes, they settled on a bench near the machine.

"I don't know what you did but you sure scared the crap out of that girl."

"I learnt to be scary from the best." She pointed at him.

"Shut up, I'm not that scary."

"Yeah, sure. Anyway, it looks like you're becoming like Oikawa-kun."

Tobio glared at her. "More than anyone, you should know not to-."