Chapter 22 - Kari

The morning my sister mind-linked me to tell me she's expecting I needed a win so badly, that my only desire was to break Hanne's wooden door down, pin that hybrid wolf to the ground and hurt her until she told me everything about her past.

I had reached the point where I cared only slightly that this could be perceived as violating the hospitality Albert and his family had shown me.

"Can't your dad order her to see me"? I ask Astrid, barely hiding my anger.

"I don't think he wants to. He and grandma keep a healthy distance from each other".

"Astrid, I need to speak with her and I need to speak with her soon. I am going in alone."

"She will kill you." she says in a very matter-of-factly tone of voice.

"We'll see about that." 

When I enter the small cottage, the wolf attacks me onsight and it's really hard to fight her in my human form. Storm is eager to take over, as I barely dodge her claws.

"Down, boy, I have to do this my way" I tell him and keep prancing around the room as the black blue wolf is calculating her next move.

"Hanne, I need to ask you some questions about your kind."

The wolf flashes her fangs at me and from her stance I know she will jump to attack me from the left. I avoid her by leaning towards my right and sliding over a table and speak again when I am at a safe distance from her.

"I am mated to a witch."

The information doesn't seem to impress her and she leaps towards me with her teeth narrowly missing my throat. I cannot control Storm anymore and he takes over. I watch from within as my wolf fights her wolf, as they claw and bite at each other, as they twist and slam their bodies to the ground.

"Don't hurt her, I need her alive", I tell Storm, afraid that he will let his blood lust take over. The wolf is too busy to hear me and he charges at the hybrid with full force, making her lose her balance and slide on the dusty floor. As he raises his claw to deliver another blow, I know it's my turn, so I leash him up and shift back, still laying on top of her, my elbow pressing straight across her neck.

"Shift" I tell her. The wolf growls in protest.

"Shift" I roar in the loudest Alpha voice I can muster. I am not yet Alpha, and I am not her Alpha, so this doesn't have any effect.

"Shift" I say quietly and I lay my head on her soft night-like fur.

"Shift", I whisper in her ear "I need to talk to you about my mate. I love her".

I feel the soft fur dissolve, and now I am lying naked on top of a middle-age beautiful woman, with blue black long hair. I jump back and avert my eyes - as a useless sign of respect after having rubbed my everything on her when she was in wolf form -  as she throws me a blanket. She wraps another heavily stitched shawl around herself and curls into a ball on the bed, with her knees to her chin.

"What do you want to know, now that that lesbian niece of mine let you come here alone?"

"You know about Astrid?"

"Of course I know, she's so careless. I almost think she wanted me to know. But her mother is still in denial, so I keep this information to myself." she says with a satisfied smile that tells me that, as an outsider herself, she actually approves of her granddaughter's queerness." No need to dwell on this though, what do you want?"

I sit on the floor, at the feet of her bed, looking at her gorgeous face which doesn't show any sign of aging.

"Who were your parents?"