Chapter 3

I woke up to the sunshine shining down on my face, feeling the warmth I smiled I smiled. I opened my eyes and Freyja entered my mind. 'How are you feeling Ray?' 'Great, oh my gosh Frey I slept all night without a nightmare. I must have been exhausted.' 'I am glad you are feeling better, but I think it's time we get up we have way overslept.' I turned to see the clock on nightstand, and it said 11:30 am. 

Oh my gosh no, no I cannot believe I overslept. Abby is the Beta female and she said I will have to take on training and how could I be so rude. I rushed to the dresser where I see an outfit with a note attached to it. "I know you are probably exhausted so do not worry. Put these on and I will meet you downstairs at noon. We then will head to the training grounds to begin. Sincerely Abby." She has been nice Freyja was right we can trust her. I put on the outfit and realize the shirt is a tank top where you can see the tips of my scars.

I open the closet doors, see a jacket, and decide to put it on to cover I am not ready to sport those right yet. I run downstairs after throwing my hair into a low ponytail to meet Abby. As I am running downstairs I run into a hard object and fall.

 When I stand, I see a tall man with chocolate brown hair curly like mine came to right below his ears. He was tan, very well built, and very tall that could be because I am still currently on the floor. He reaches out his hand, "Sorry about that I didn't see you coming down the stairs." I am weary but I take his hand and he help me up.

 I cannot help but stare into his eyes they are a darker hazel than that of mine, but what is more intriguing me more is the small birthmark under his right eye. I do not know why but he feels familiar.

My thoughts are interrupted by no other than Abby, "Hey Raylynn, I see you met my mate, Beta Andrew Miller." He is her mate suiting they look cute together as he hugs her explaining exactly what just happened. They then seem to mind linking each other. I do not mind being left out of conversation I am not used to people and small talk.

I waited out the door for her and we headed to the training grounds. Being this late no one is there; packs usually train around early morning. I see like two cases of water sitting on top of ice by the grounds. Abby was jumping very enthusiastically; she must like training.

 I was excited myself to finally learn to defend myself. "Alright I need to see what you can do. We are going to start with fifteen laps after every three laps pick up a bottle of water on your run to keep hydrated. You ready?" "I am." She smiled and yelled "go." We took off but both of us did not go into a full run. We were more at a good jog not a run. She then said to me "Very good we don't want to ware ourselves out to early." I smiled back at her.

After the tenth lap she picked up speed, so I followed. When we rounded to enter the thirteen lap she said, "Lets race now, show me what you got." She then took off Freyja in my mind was excited even though we were not in her form she loved running she felt free, untouchable. 

'Ray don't watch Abby; we are racing and after everything you know we can run. Let us make her proud.' I mentally nodded in agreement to her. We then took off in full speed I kept my eyes forward focusing on us and not Abby. We finished the last lap and Abby behind us by just a few minutes. "Girl you really can run." She said out of breath as I chugged a bottle of water.

I see Andrew leaving a tree not too far behind us giving me a small wave I waved back, I noticed a tattoo on his right bicep it was in such pretty writing saying My Sisters Protector. "Andrew left us some lunch over there come on we need to eat before we finish training."

I followed her to the big Oak tree where there were sandwiches and some fruit waiting for us. "So how about we ask each other questions and the other has to answer honestly no matter what?" She asked. "Sure, you go first." She hummed to herself searching for a question. 

"What is your favorite thing to do?" I thought to myself for a little bit that was a hard question. "My wolf Freyja, she loves to run makes her feel free. Myself, as you know been hard to do anything, but I remember when I was young, I loved to sing, but I also love nature." She smiled in response. "Okay Abby, do you have any family?" she nodded as she was chewing her food.

"Yes, I do. I have an older brother sort of, little sister, mom, and stepdad." I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Sort of." She laughed at my response. "Yeah, I should probably explain. My mom and her first mate my real dad, we are from another pack. We were attacked by rogues where my father gave his life to save us. We went looking for a pack to join to help us get back on our feet. We stumbled here in Silver Moon territory. We were waiting with the Alphas son for the Alpha to ask us questions like I did you." She looked my way and I nodded that I understood for her to continue.

"Well, when the Alpha came in, he looked at me then my mom. When he did, they realized they were mates. Both each other's second chance mantes. Both eyes filled with tears and love automatically. The Alphas son Lucian is my stepbrother, but my brother none the less. After about four years they had another daughter, you met her." 

I stared at her wide-eyed, not understanding. "Layla, the little girl that ran into your cell. That is our little sister." "OH, she is cute." Abby giggled, "Yes she sure is, and a little ball of fire to." We were almost finished eating by now. "Raylynn, what is your wolf like?" she asked calmly. "She is extremely sweet, very logical, but she loves so big. She is always there for me when I am unable to think clearly. She always has my back; she is my protector.

"Abby does Andrew have family; I noticed his tattoo about a sister." She tensed at the question. She said, "that is not my story to tell as yours is not mine to tell." She got quiet; she must have been linking with someone again. He said "I can tell you about his family if it helps you understand you are not the only one whose experienced hard ships. He is just over there watching the soon to be shifters to help them if you are asking."

 Dang, she is good. "Andrew and his mother came here way before me. I learned some of his history when we found we were mates. He is from a pack not near here called Rising Moon. His pack and family were also attacked by rogues looking for someone. His father gave up his life protecting his sister. They searched for her for days with no luck and then after some time ended up here." She got quiet. 

She was giving me bits and pieces she grabbed her chest feeling her mates pain at the events. "You do not need to go on I get the main part." She nodded in thanks knowing it was a painful story to relive even if it was not hers.

After she taught me stances and some hand-to-hand techniques we headed back to the house. Even though we worked out all day long I felt refreshed to spend a day not looking over my shoulder or fear of the whips and torture. "I figured you still needed time to yourself without everyone breathing down your throat, so I had dinner sent to your room."

 Abby said all so thoughtful. "Thank you, Abby, but tomorrow can I meet a few people. I mean I need to see what I am in for if I stay." She nodded and I headed to my room.

Repeating the same process as the night before except I ate just a bit more than I did the night before. I decided on an action movie tonight. I wanted to see if there were any techniques, I could pick up from that. Once again, I fell into a blissful sleep not scared as before, do not get me wrong the worry is still there but I feel relaxed, and I do not want to lose this feeling. I feel really close to Abby but if I stay, I need to meet others and see what they are like. Well Tomorrow is a new day!