Chapter 12

Raylynn

It was not long before reached their compound. Only about an hour. They had me sat on an old ripped up couch. The building smelled bad, like B O and rotten cheese. They were laughing and bragging about their current victory and how they believed the current King would pay them.

"You are not very smart little lady. He is going to probably end your life." I ignored him as he kept trying to tell me I was a weak, pathetic wolf and needed some toughening. "At least I know how to shower." I spat back at them. he rose his hand to hit me and then a portal appeared before me.

"What do you think you are doing." It was the witch from before. when we traveled back in time. she was a bit older but it was her. She walked over and gently grabbed my arm taking me over to her portal. "Where is our payment witch?" They all shouted at her. "Consider keeping your life as payment." She then walked us through the portal without a second thought.

When we exited the portal it was like a doorway. From the marble floors to the concrete walls. The décor and giant throne before me I knew I was in his castle. The witch let go of my arm and lowly muttered, "I am sorry." Before she walked away to the side of the room. "Welcome home child. I have been looking for you for a very long time."

I snapped my head back to the throne to where the king was taking his seat. He did not know that I knew the truth and he was not the real king. An advantage that I had and would wait until the right moment to expose him. "Why have you been looking for me?" I asked blankly.

"Little girl do not insult my intelligence. I know that you found your traitorous mother and you know I am your grandfather." I stared at him coldly that I could not fake. "And why am I here?" he smiled with an devilish grin. "You see. Traitors who plot against their king have a punishment. But I have a surprise as well for you."

To say I was confused was an understatement. The king began walking down the hall where a guard escorted me to follow. I had an eerie feeling that was in the pit of my stomach. He began leading us down the stairs and the farther down we went the colder it was. The smell was getting horrid and I could tell we were heading to the cells.

It was pretty dark down here only the glare from a couple lights lit up enough to see to walk. "Now have fun for you only have a few hours to live." he cackled as he walked away. The clanging from the iron door being slammed shut rang through the room. I grabbed the bars hoping to catch it in time before locking but was to late.

From what I could see there were many people down here in the cells and from who the king is I knew they were harmless and innocent. "Ugh" I groaned in frustration. This is ridiculous. Now my plan has gone down the drain since he trapped me down here in the dungeon.

I banged on the cell bars loudly but to no evail. "They are not going to do anything you are wasting your time." I turned to see a young women around my age sitting up against the wall. I really could not tell what she looked like. "Argh." I heard a deep groan. "Hold on. I will get you water." I heard the lady say and walk to the corner where the groan had came from.

"What is your name?" I asked but was greeted in silence. "Is the man injured? Can I help?" I asked. "He is fine. He had his daily beating earlier which he was knocked out after with wolfbane. He is only groggy. My name is Beatrice." "How long has he been here?" I asked in wonder. "Right after me. About ten years now I believe. Sort of lose count down here."

"Ten years that is absolutely awful. What about your families?" I heard her low sigh. "My mother works for the king to keep me alive and him. All I know is he has one out there and he was taken from them." it did not take long for me to realize the girl.