06 | apology

× × × Yuzu's POV × × ×

I felt something stab me in the back as I saw that girl, no, Nora run past me. I couldn't turn around and chase after her. I wasn't good enough, not after what I've done to her for the past three to four months. All I could do was stare at the tipped over suitcase and listen to her sobs fade away behind me.

I remembered to all of the horrible things I said to her.

You're just a fan.

Stop following me everywhere.

I can't stand people like you.

Stalker fan.

I'm not sure how long I stood there. I felt a tear fall onto the ground. It wasn't my tears though, it was rain and it came down hard. I grabbed my suitcase and splashed through the sidewalk back to the hotel. Finally under the cover of the hotel lobby, I was soaking wet, leaving a puddle of rainwater on the floor.

The lobby staff looked at me making a mess of their floor. They whispered to each other.

"I sorry." I sneezed.

I ran through the hotel hallways and finally reached the room we shared. I fished for my card key in my suitcase and found two of them.

Was one of them Nora's?

I was about to scan the card, but the door flung open. Javi looked unhappy, but not as unhappy as I felt.

"Yuzu, what the heck did you do?" He pulled me into the hotel room and pointed to the lump on the other bed, "Nora came back sobbing to no end," he paused looking his wet hand that had grabbed my jacket, "For God's sake, you're soaking wet."

I thought about what to say, but Javi cut me off.

"Go take a shower before you get even more sick," He took my suitcase and brought my Winnie-the-Pooh out and set it beside the bed, "Wouldn't want your asthma to act up before tomorrow."

× × × Nora's POV × × ×

I left Yuzu behind running back to the hotel. Half of me told me that I should go back, but my legs wouldn't let me. I ran through the hotel lobby with tears streaming down my face. Everybody stared at me. I frantically ran back to the hallway that our room was in. I reached inside my pocket to find my hotel key, but there was nothing there.

Did I leave it in Yuzu's suitcase? I thought back to the interviews when I was holding his suitcase and I put it away just in case I lost it. Yeah, yeah I did. Crap, nice going Nora. Real smooth.

I knocked on the door a few times, hoping for Javi to be there.

"Please Javi, open the door. Please." I leaned my back against the door.

I don't know how long I sat there waiting for the door to open, but it felt like eternity.

Javi opened the door with damp hair and his red and yellow pajamas. I fell back and looked up with red eyes and salty tears. In return, he looked at me with a hybrid of surprised and worried looks.

"Where's Yuzu, wasn't he with you? Actually no, are you okay? What happened?"

I felt the pain I had felt in my heart so many times as I thought back to all the things Yuzu had said to me. I guess what he said to me tonight really was the straw that broke the camel's back. I felt more tears fall down my face, dissolving all of the dried salt and my eyes puffing up. Javi took my hand and brought me into the room. He sat me down onto the edge of my assigned bed and sat next to me.