08 | alterations

"Yes!" Yuzu pumped his arms up and down when he solidly landed his quad toeloop.

Javi landed a solid quad salchow right after him on the other side of the rink and they exchanged high-fives.

It's been a month since 2013 Worlds and we've started to get along.

Kind of.

He skated over to me. I threw him his water bottle covered up with a blue hand-crocheted cozy.

"Was the jump good?"

Yeah, it was really good.

I shook my head.

"No, Orser said for you to do the quad salchow, you little mushroom."

He messed with his hair and handed his water bottle back. "But I can't do it that well yet."

If he was lucky, he would be barely able land one after around twenty tries, but he got back up every time with a smile.

"Yet. That's why you have to practice."

"Hey Nora, Tracy needs you." Orser handed me a folder, "She's in the office."

I took the file and flipped through it. Multiple packets of forms with a green sticky note on top. I turned my back to the rink and knocked on the office door.

"Tracy?"

Summertime was the off season, but we were as busy as ever. Filling out applications for the ice shows all over the world, payments and fees for coaching and lessons, summer camps planning, and the list went on and on.

Tracy threw up her arms in frustration pointing to the large pile of folders on her left, "They participate in so many activities and we set up so many activities." She waved her hand up and down, "My hand is cramping."

I sat down in front of her, opening the folder of papers.

"You can fill out their ice show intention forms right?"

I held up a packet, and looked at the thickness of the packet. At least a fourth of an inch.

"Is this for real?"

"Mhmm." She continued scribbling on a scrap piece of paper trying to get her ballpoint pen work.

I opened the packets up and glanced at the sticky note.

Dreams, Fantasy, Stars - Yuzuru Hanyu

So he's participating in three ice shows. I frowned, would he really have enough time to train. I mean it's Olympic season. I pulled out the three forms for the three ice shows and started filling it out.

Halfway through Yuzu's second packet, Orser knocked on the door.

"Can I borrow Nora for something, Tracy?"

"Yeah sure."

I put my pen down and followed him back to the rinkside. The rink was filled with a classical style of music and everybody was looking at Yuzu as Coach Wilson was helping him choreograph through a program.

"Romeo and Juliet." Brian muttered under his breath.

"Didn't he do that two years ago?"

"Yeah, he wanted to do it again. Every program he does has a special meaning to him. Of course different choreograph and music composition."

"So...Romeo and Juliet two point oh."

My eyes followed Yuzu as he made his way through his program to his ending pose as the music ceased and it was an average ending for any program.