Notre Heureuse Saison

Antoine

Antoine.

Dec 24.

I'm back again to my own version of me since he left.

I am a man without a perfect life and broken goals.

But on the day we met, everything changed. I thought to myself that there is something I need to have. There is something I need to achieve. I became ambitious.

But I guess love needs sacrifices, On my part because I still don't know if he feels the same way.

I wiped my finger on my phone as if I'm really caressing his face.

"My love, years have passed but this heart never fails to remember you. Years have passed but this heart still keeps on beating only you and just for you."

I turn off my phone and sadly go back to my bed again after putting it in his hoodie.

This is what I do when I'm missing him. In this way I can imagine him hugging me and eventually the missing part will fill again.

I close my eyes as the memories of me and him that I will never forget runs in my head.

Talking people.

Sweet couples.

Still smoking hot brewed coffee.

Kids running.

A woman helping an old lady.

That's the few things my eyes see in this cozy coffee shop that I used to go to. I'm always here to unwind and find some ideas to draw with because the art block is real.

Luckily it works just like today someone got my attention.

A boy.

I'm bi ok, but I'm more than attractive to boys.

He's wearing a fitted band t-shirt, ripped jeans, and a bonnet.

Really? That outfit on Christmas day? If I was him I would freeze in cold.

I shook my head while smirking and put down the sketch pad I'm holding on. I looked for my letterman jacket that every football varsity had. Like me.

He's on another table that is two seats apart in front of me, looking around with amazement flustered on his face. He seems like a child who roams around with his parents.

I smile, but it quickly fades when he turns his attention to me.

Did he notice someone looking at him?

Did he catch me smiling at him?

I shook my head.

"ELLE'S COFFEE!" the bartender called.