Chapter 17: Can't Get You Out Of My Head

Daphne

That little fucker!

Our kiss kept playing in my mind all afternoon. I couldn't concentrate on my school work, what my brother was telling me, anything! All I could think or see was Nate standing there outside the school, getting kissed by me.

"...the new school?" - My mom asked me something, while we're eating dinner. But I wasn't listening it until Felix poked my shoulders.

"Daphne, are you okay? You look distracted!" - My mom said, glaring at me.

"She's thinking about her boyfriend!" - Felix teased me, which made my dad instantly alerted.

"What boyfriend? How can you have a boyfriend already? You've been to the school for like a week!" - My dad exclaimed and I gave Felix an evil glare.

"There's no boyfriend! Felix was just joking! There's a boy at school that I'm becoming friends with. That's it!" - I downplayed it, trying not to anger my dad. And you do not want to anger my dad, trust me!

"Whoever he is, I want to meet him! What's his name?" - Dad replied, still not happy about it.

"There's no need, dad! It's just a friend, really. If it becomes something else I'll bring him here, I promise!" - I offered, hoping that'll be enough for him for now.

"I don't want you to go anywhere with this so called friend without letting us know it before, okay?" - Dad demanded and I agreed with him, otherwise I'd never hear the end of it. Thanks, Felix. That's just what I needed right now, my dad on my back about my NOT boyfriend.

Daniel

We were eating dinner. I thought I had got away with my little visit to the school earlier today, but my dad surprised me by asking...

"So, where did you go today when you're supposed to be here grounded, Daniel?" - He said, nonchalant. Nate and Denise gasped. - "Did you really think I wasn't going to find out you took the car and left? I'm the Alpha!" - He spat at me, angrily.

"I'm sorry, dad! I promise I just used it to go to school, nothing major! I just needed to check something out!" - I answered, truthfully.

"You went to school!? How come I didn't see you?" - Nate asked, puzzled.

"I snicked in, Nate. No one saw me. I just needed to find something out." - I replied, sheepishly.

"OK, did you find it?" - He asked, intrigued.

"Found what?" - I replied, not realizing what I've just said.

"Whatever it was you needed at school?" - Nate asked, looking funny at me.

"Oh I did, thanks." - I replied to him. I could tell he was still curious but he let it go, for now.

We're about to finish dinner, when I dropped a bomb at the table.

"So dad, can I still be Alpha if I reject my mate?" - I asked him and everyone, I mean every single person at the table stared at me gobsmacked. Yes, it was a big table that fit at least 50 people. But with wolf hearing, everyone listened to all our conversations. It was inevitable. Only the rooms and offices had privacy.

"That's okay folks, he's just kidding!" - My dad said to everyone with a laughter. - "My son knows the rules!" - He looked deep into my eyes and I knew he was mad. Even worse than he was for me skipping my punishment.

And no, you can't be Alpha without a mate. There's no Alpha without Luna. There has never been and will never be. That's why the Goddess allowed us to get to know our mates in advance, so that we make sure they will be there at our ascension.