Chapter 24: Hungry like the Wolf

Nate

Warning: explicit sexual content.

I knew I was in trouble. I mean, it doesn't take a werewolf to notice she was angry at me. I just had no idea as to why. We reached a more secluded place of the school, I mean less populated.

"How could you keep this from me?" - Daphne shouted. She looked angry.

"Keep what from you? I tell you everything!" - I replied, still puzzled.

"You know what! How could you not tell me Felix was Dan's mate?" - She was livid. And she caught me completely off guard! However, she made sure she whispered the last part so no one would hear it.

"Because I couldn't! You know that! Wait, how do you know?" - I said as I barely catch my breath after the bomb she just dropped on me.

"You knew I had no one to talk to about all this! You knew how badly I wished I could talk to him about it! Why didn't you tell me?" - She blurted. She was fuming. I've never seen her so angry like this.

"OK, calm down a little!" - I suggested it. But she wasn't having it.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" - She replied, shouting in my face.

"Of course, you're right. I'm sorry! I couldn't say anything to you because it wasn't my truth to tell! Only Dan can share his truth and it wasn't up to me to betray that!" - I spoke sincerely.

"Can you imagine if someone had outed Felix before he was ready?" - I continued and I could tell she was calming down at hearing this.

"Damn it! I hate it when other people are right!" - She whined, looking broody.

"You're right, of course. And I hate you for it. But I wouldn't want that to happen to Felix either!" - She agreed. And I couldn't stop myself!

"Well, I love you!" - I confessed. It was stronger than me, I couldn't hold it in! She just stared at me, silently.

 It was stronger than me, I couldn't hold it in! She just stared at me, silently

Later in the classroom, I whispered to Dan as we sat right next to each other:

"Daphne knows it. I'm sorry!" - I whispered as I tried to pay attention to the class.

"It's okay! I figured as much. Felix knows it too!" - Dan whispered back to me.

"Really? How did he take?" - I was intrigued.

"Surprisingly well! But it's a journey and he doesn't know everything!" - He replied in a whisper.

"I told Daphne I loved her." - I whispered back.

"What?!" - Dan shouted and everyone in the classroom looked at him. The teacher asked him what was his doubt about the subject he's teaching and Dan invented something on the spot. It was hilarious to see!

Later, in between classes, we continued whisper talking.

"And what did she say?" - He inquired, looking curious.