Chapter 49: Stitches / Mercy / In my blood

Felix

This was not how I thought I was gonna spend my birthday. I mean, not to boast but I was promised a party. I'm 18 today and not only I'm not gonna have a party, I inadvertently nuked Daphne's party too. That's not a nice feeling.

I wake up to my mom by side. I don't know if she slept here or just came really early.

"Happy birthday, my beautiful boy." - She said as she kissed me.

"Good morning, mom. Did you sleep here?" - I asked her as I sat up on the bed.

"No I didn't, I just arrived early to see you. I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your birthday since I was there when you're born." - She snickered.

"Huh, you're such a mom!" - I croaked.

"Thanks hon, it's a gift." - She replied. - "I'll go get you breakfast. You can wash in the bathroom."

"Thanks, mom." - I say as I try to get up.

As I took off the covers, I was able to see the full extension of my injuries. I mean, the one in my arm was bad but my leg wasn't doing much better. There were a lot of stitches and bandages. I wasn't in a lot of pain, probably due to the meds, but I was in bad shape.

I struggled to get out of bed, not even cause I was still rooked to a drip. My body just ached all over. I carry myself to the bathroom as long with the serum pouring in my vein. I have a difficult time getting things done but I persevere. I had to if I wanted to get out of this place.

Daniel

"You did what?!" - My mom slapped me. "En qué estabas pensando, desagradecido?"

"I'm sorry, mom, I was desperate! I thought he had died." - I defended myself, trying to dodge her slapping.

Breakfasts were always eventful in the pack house. I was starting to think people who lived here should pay extra for the entertainment. But my mom slapping me, the Alpha, really took the cake.

"I don't care what you thought, killing yourself is never the solution son." - Dad chimed in. Thankfully, he was not injuring me.

"I know dad, I know. It was a moment of weakness of my part. I thought I'd lost Felix for good. I din't know what else to do." - I state with a pity look.

"And imagine what it would have done to poor Nate seeing his own brother kill himself right in front of him?" - Mom continued, caressing Nate's hair. He also did not look happy.

"You're right mom, I've already apologized to Nate." - I speak as I shoot an apologetic look to him.

"Well, the important thing is that Felix survived. And Dr. Ford was able to diffuse the situation." - Nate said, trying not to add fuel to the fire.

"Thank Goddess. I don't know what would've happened if she didn't." - Mom spoke, relieved.

"And when is he going to be discharged from the hospital?" - Denise asked.

"I have no idea. His injuries were very serious, I think he's in for a couple more days, at least." - I informed, pensive.

"How is the rogue Nate, have you heard anything?" - I asked him as I continue eating my breakfast.

"Of course I heard, I'm the Beta of the pack." - He scoffed. - "She is okay, still in the cellar. But Johnson hasn't left her side since. And neither did Garcia." - His tone was serious.