Chapter 31: Rolling in the Deep

Daniel

It was the night of the full moon ceremony. This is the night where my entire future gets decided.

As it's customary, the pack throws a party to celebrate the Moon Goddess and everyone attends it. Which is probably why the Council saw fit to schedule the hearing for today. To say that I was nervous it was an understatement!

I mean, I know I have a small chance of getting them to reverse their position, but there's nothing I could do but hope. Honestly, when you are prepared for a position your whole life, it's hard to see yourself doing anything else. And from the moment I first draw breath till my last warrior training, I knew I was born to be Alpha!

At breakfast, everybody was nervous, most especially Nate. I mean, a part from myself, he was probably the person most invested in me being Alpha. After all, Betas were chosen by the Alpha, if I don't ascend neither will he. But I honestly think his sole concern was with me, regardless of his own fate. And I loved him for it!

"Are you excited, Dan?" - He asked me while we ate.

"I'm very nervous! I mean, I have to speak before the entire pack, so that the council decides if they're going to stop me from becoming what I was born to be and have been preparing for my entire life!" - I replied, anxiously.

"I understand, brother. But we'll be right there with you, including Felix and Daphne. It's going to be their first full moon ceremony!" - Nate said, excitedly.

"Know that you're loved and supported, cariño. That's what's most important!" - Mom comforted me.

"You'll knock it out of the park, big brother!" - Denise chimed in, smiling at me.

"I'm sure you're gonna do great, son." - Dad said. His face was serene and somber as ever.

"I just hope it's enough!" - I whispered.

The pack ground was entirely decorated. There was going to be a huge bonfire at night, as we celebrate the Goddess. The full moon was peak time for werewolves, so there was going to be a lot of wolves running tonight.

We would run through the woods all the way to the waterfalls. It was a treat! Especially for first timers! The full moon is also when a young member would shift for the first time. It usually happened after you reached puberty, around 12 or 13, at the latest.

Back in my room, I called Felix to check in.

"Hi, Felix. So, are you excited for your first full moon ceremony?" - I asked him, anxiously.

"Hi, Dan. I am. I just hope no one bites me." - He said it and I laughed out loud.

"No one is biting you, I promise! There's plenty of food!" - I snickered.

"And are you nervous? How are you feeling?" - He wondered.

"I am, of course. It's only my entire future on the line!" - I said, ironically. I heard a soft laughter.

"I hope they see reason, Dan, I really do! I know how much it means for you!" - His voice was hopeful.

"Thanks, Felix. It does, indeed. I hope so too!" - I thanked him.

"See you in a bit, bye!"

"Bye!" - I ended the call and rested for a while, this was gonna be a busy night.

Nate went to pick them up for the ceremony and he also had to face Chief Ford. I mean, good luck to him!

 I mean, good luck to him!