Thirty- seven.

"You should have heard her, she practically cheered when she realised who he was" chimney laughed

"It was microwave guy, that guy was my first call. How could I not" she defended herself

"Hopefully he keeps himself away from microwaves and fast speeding children rides" josh chuckled "thanks for inviting me guys, despite my fifth wheeling"

The two couples plus Maddies coworker Josh decided to have a game night, none of them minded Josh's company - in fact they even enjoyed being in the presence of the voice always heard on the radio

"Oh please" Maddie waved dismissively "we are just a group of friends playing cards"

"Yeah and 4 of you are all in a relationship" he added

"How's the dating life going?" Kate asked, sipping her wine

"It's not" josh snorted, "hence the fifth wheeling"

"Is it that bad?" Maddie asked

"So bad" Joshua sighed, "It's LA. Everybody's always in their car or looking at their phones. Or in their car looking at their phones. And we're stuck with online dating, which is... An absolute nightmare. The crazies, the randos, the catfishers, and not to mention the liars. Profile pics brought to you by Photoshop. It's impossible"

"You guys got lucky. I don't know how you did it"

"We started as friends" Maddie said,

"Us too... coincidentally" Kate nodded

"Wait, I know about them two. But what about you?" Josh asked Kate and buck

"Uh.." Kate looked at her boyfriend "I moved here and he was still in some sort of relationship, so we were friends-..

"Very close friends" chimney cut in

"Yes, buck was there for me a lot-..

"As was she" buck said, taking her hand

"So eventually he decides he wants to move out of his old place. I had a spear room that I offered and he took it, bearing in mind I had offered this just as I was developing feelings. So he moves in and we..

"Practically become a couple without actually acknowledging it, I cook dinner she makes breakfast. We watch movies and drink. All we are both in total denial of the other having reciprocated feelings" buck explained

"So one night we go out with chim and Maddie - who are also slowly falling for each other, buck had the intentions of "getting me laid"

Buck chuckled quietly, Kate glanced at him "what?"

"I had no intention of helping with that" he admitted

"What?" Kate said, sounding shocked "unbelievable" she shook her head, pretending to be mad

"Well Kate got up on stage that night and I think Evan actually fell in love with her then" Maddie added.

"Okay I was tipsy, I had a few shots to calm my nerves and a guy send me a few drinks. Once I'm finished singing we were left alone and we had a moment. I pretty much told him how amazing he was, and tried to hint that he was exactly my type-.."

"Which I didn't pick up"

"So than we almost kiss and Taylor Kelly sends him a drink. So In my rage of jealousy I go to the bar and tell buck it's fine. He ends up having sec with Taylor and I having sex with the bar man. I avoid him the next day and when we did talk it was so awkward. after a very sentimental call I go home and confess everything. He kisses me and than we..."