Chapter Twenty One

Trouble With Rey

"Guys! Where are you?!" A voice shouts over the comms. "Poe! Prepare the Resistance for a fight! Send out X-Wings, Y-Wings, whatever we have down there, we're gonna try to fight ourselves out of this mess & get back down to you, now don't do anything that the General won't agree with, we'll see you soon!" Rey replies as the comm chatter goes silent. "Ben, let me take over the controls, Chewie! You got the cannons!" Rey says as Ben & Rey quickly change spots with one another, Chewie races downwards where the lower cannons were & you sat yourself down next to Ben in the cockpit your hands starting to sweat because you were holding the buckle to hard against your chest. "Y/N, relax, we'll be fine, just think good thoughts." Ben says as he touches your shoulder & you breathe heavily letting go of the buckle.
"Tie Fighters in coming! Hold on!" Rey says as she sends the Falcon into difficult maneuvers dodging the Tie's & taking the ones in her way down.
As Rey & your crew on the Falcon fought your way around the galaxy Ajan Kloss below, Poe Dameron came in slick & fast taking down three Tie Fighters all in one single shot. "Thanks Commander Dameron, we'll see you back at base." Rey says over comms. "We'll be back down with you soon, this fight is not over yet without putting up a fight." Poe replies as Rey dives the Falcon down to get it back to base & touch it down.

As the Falcon returned to Ajan Kloss on the lower surface, up above the fight rages on, X-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, all struggle as they try to find an opening in one of the destroyers that were not shooting at them, not yet at least. "General, we've found our sweet spot, we have any remaining bomber's that can come help?" Poe asks over comms. "The tally is on route, try to not get anymore of our bomber's killed this time, protect them, & yourselves." Leia replies as 4 bomber's lift off & head up to the surface.
Ben, Chewie, Rey, & you all walk off the Falcon looking back & up seeing the sky begin to darken with smoke & X-Wings being destroyed from a distance. "Do you think they'll survive?" You ask. "They have too. Their the only hope we have left in the Resistance." Leia says walking up to you as you run into her arms hugging her. "Leia, what are we gonna do?" You ask. "Fight our way out of this battle. Rey, take Chewie with you & help them out up there, they need you as much as we do your not as important as Y/N & me at the moment. Ben, come here." Leia says as Rey returns to the Falcon with Chewie moaning his way over & Ben goes closer to you & stands by your side. "I know. How difficult this is for Y/N, leaving the First Order, saving Ben, carrying a child within you, if you need anything Y/N, I'm here for you, we all are here for you, Ben, what are your plans as soon as the baby is here?" Leia asks. "I'm not sure. I'm leaving Y/N up to that task, I believe that she'll make the right decision whether she keeps the baby & we go on adventures or she doesn't keep the baby & yet still choose to go on trips & missions." Ben says. "Thanks Ben, for helping me out." You say. "Anything for you. Anyways, it's up to her." Ben says as Leia nods. "You wanna go help out the Resistance up their? I think it'll be a minute or two until they get the Falcon up & running. Your a good pilot... Just like your father." Leia says. "Nah, I'll stay here with Y/N, we'll stick around." Ben says. "Ok, well before you go. Where'd you go on your little flight adventure in the galaxy?" Leia asks. "Nothing just doing circles pretty much around in the galaxy & learning some stuff I hadn't learned from Dad, why ask?" Ben asks. "Ben, come on. Tell her, you never know, maybe one day she'll explore the galaxy as we did." You say, your arm on his shoulder. "Alright. We went to this place called Batuu, it's an Outer Rim planet not far from where we were at all so I decided we should go check it out, lots of interesting things can be found & seen there, lightsaber replicas, drinks, bars, everything, even droid depot's!" Ben says. "Sounds fun. Y/N, I don't think I'll have the chance to go explore the galaxy one last time. It's getting to be that time where you all have to let go & let me go. I'll keep in touch through the force, but I just had wanted to inform you." Leia says. "Leia... How long had you know?" You ask. "A while, it's a part of life Y/N & Ben, & as hard as it is to say goodbye it doesn't mean we won't ever see each other again, we'll cross paths again, I know it." Leia replies as a female comes on over the comms that you had on your hand. "Y/N! Is General Leia with you? Tell her we're on our way back, tell her to look up!" The female says as Leia, Ben, & you all look up seeing one of the Star Destroyers up in flames falling slowly, two other Star Destroyers retreating but not for long.