16

The group arrived at the Icarus Theatre. Luther stood in front of them, ready to go in and stop Vanya. However, he was stopped by Allison and her notepad.

Ana and I should go alone. Vanya will listen to us.

Adriana nodded, knowing Allison was right. The brothers were too invested in stopping their sister whereas the sister and assisting girl would try to save her.

Luther, naturally, was opposed to the idea. "Allison, I can't let either of you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning."

Adriana shook her head. "No. We can still get through to her by simply talking to her."

Diego lifted his head slightly. "You hear the music? It's started." He glanced at Adriana. "Be careful."

Adriana nodded. "You too."

Luther looked at Allison. "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened?"

Adriana shook her head. "Like it or not, this is our best option."

Luther frowned at her. "You mean take control."

"How about we try talking to her first, Monkey Man."

Klaus let out an impatient groan. "Guys, we don't have time for this."

Luther looked at his sister and Adriana and nodded. "Okay."

Adriana nodded before running inside, Allison right behind her. Klaus was playing lookout, which Adriana figured probably wouldn't end well.

The two of them entered the theatre itself and saw Vanya on stage. Even though she was glowing white, Adriana could tell she was where she was meant to be. Only a performer, a ballerina or a musician, it didn't matter, could feel that way on stage.

Allison was looking at Vanya in complete awe.

Vanya looked out across the crowd and saw her sister and Adriana and smiled.

She started her solo.

Allison and Adriana were enjoying the performance so much that they didn't see Luther and Diego run across the stage until a bright white energy knocked them back.

The crowd instantly fell into a panic and started screaming. They jumped up from their seats and started rushing out of the theatre. Adriana immediately helped usher them out. She noticed that the orchestra tried to escape, but Vanya flicked her bow. Another wave of energy flew over them and they immediately sat back down.

Vanya had moved to the center of the stage and she was still playing. Her white aura had changed to blue. She sent out another wave of energy towards her sister and Adriana, though she didn't mean to. It was her brothers she was angry at. Allison had moved closer to Luther and Diego.

Adriana ducked behind a row of seats and muttered, "Oh, la naiba."

(Oh, shit.)

Yet another wave of blue energy shot across the auditorium and Adriana glanced up worriedly. Vanya was losing control, and they had to end this before anyone else got hurt.

Luther glanced at Adriana. "The violin. It's her lightning rod."

Adriana nodded. "Well duh. I'm trying to figure out how to stop her without hurting her."

The orchestra finally ran out. Adriana glanced to the door and saw the masked men from the bowling alley and muttered, "You gotta be fucking kidding me."

Meanwhile, Vanya continued to play.

Five spatial jumped behind Adriana, causing her to gasp. "Sorry. Are you okay? What's with all the lollygagging?"

Hazy Shade of Winter [ON HOLD FOR NOW]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara