INT. VANYA'S MIND

Ben walked down a set of steps. "Vanya?"

He found himself at the academy and came upon the dining room table. The white violin was sitting there.

Ben looked through the violin and walked through another area.

"Vanya?" Ben called, seeing a figure curled up on the floor.

Vanya's breath trembled.

Ben knelt in front of her. "Do you remember me?"

"I remember everything," Vanya replied/ "And I'm doing it again, aren't I?" She sobbed. "What's wrong with me? Why can't I control myself like the rest of you guys?"

Ben sat in front of her. "It's not too late. You can go back. There's still time."

"I don't deserve to live." She sobbed. "I killed Pogo. I almost killed Allison. I destroyed the world. I'm a monster."

"Dad treated you like a bomb before you ever were one," Ben told her. "He was... so scared of your power, he never let you use it. Drugged you up, kept you numb for years." He took her hands. "That's messed up, Vanya. No wonder you couldn't control it. Dad couldn't handle your anger. That doesn't mean you can't. And maybe you have a right to be pissed off and sad and messed up, but..." he sighed, "it's a shitty world full of shitty people sometimes. You aren't a monster. You're my sister. And right now, our siblings are risking everything out there trying to save you. You aren't the only one at the table anymore. You can do this."

Ben started disappearing in a gentle blue whoosh.

"Ben, what's happening to you?" Vanya asked as she stood.

"I can't go back with you," Ben replied, standing.

"What do you mean? I'm hurting you, aren't I?"

"It's not your fault. I've been holding on for as long as I can in here, but..."

"You shouldn't have come for me."

"Vanya... I died 17 years ago. All the rest of this... these years with Klaus... it's all been gravy. At least this time I get to say goodbye."

"No, no. Just... just hang on, okay?"

Ben smiled softly at her before saying, "Can I ask you a weird favor?"

"Anything."

"Can you hug me as I go? It's been a long time since..." She hugged him, tears in her eyes. "Tell Klaus something for me, will you?" He whispered in her ear and disappeared.

INT. FBI BUILDING

Vanya's eyes went back to normal.

The energy stopped whooshing and everything fell to the ground.

INT. CAR

Harlan's eyes also returned to normal and he woke.

EXT. CAR

"Get out of the car," Sissy demanded, still holding the rifle at her husband.

Carl got out of the car. "Whatcha gonna do, Sissy? You gonna shoot me?"

"I don't wanna hurt you, but I need you to give me back my boy." Harlan sat up.

"Well, he's our boy. Maybe you and Vanya have forgotten that."

"Vanya's got nothin' to do with this."

"Oh, really? Well, we were just fine till that little Russian she-devil showed up..."

"We weren't "fine," Carl. Jesus. Sayin' a lie over and over doesn't make it true."

"What? You love her? Is that it? Some girl from nowhere? Probably a Communist who hit you with her car."