The President

The next day Alec was woken up by the ring of his phone. He tried to grab it with his eyes still closed. Normally, it would lie to his right on the nightstand, but as he fumbled for it, he only felt warm, soft skin. When he lazily opened one eye, he saw Magnus lying with his back to him, covered to the hip with the blanket and still sound asleep. Suddenly Alec was wide awake, as the events of the past day flooded his mind and endorphins rushed through his veins.

After the confrontation with Alec's parents Magnus had called... Simon?... to ask him if he would pick him and Alec up and drive them to Magnus's loft in his van. Simon was more than happy to oblige and didn't stop to bubble about the press conference during the whole drive.

"You were so amazing, one could totally turn your love story into a Hollywood-blockbuster, I was covered in goosebumps when you walked down that aisle, and the whole country witnessed that amazing kiss, that was so brave of you, Alec, I bet this conference will win you more voters than any speech you could ever have given, and that means, oh my god!, that I'm driving the future president right now, the president is sitting in my crappy van, I'll totally tell my grandchildren about that, if I am ever to have grandchildren..."

Perhaps we should have walked the six miles, Alec thought. But Magnus only smiled at him and held his hand during the whole drive so even Simon's rambling was bearable.

At the loft he and Magnus spent the evening with cuddling on the couch, making out before dinner, snuggling in front of the fireplace and talking, lots of talking. About why Alec changed his mind, what he would do now, if he would talk to his parents ever again. But Alec also learned more about Magnus's past, how his parents had died and why he immigrated to America. Magnus also revealed his birth name, but he was himself so used to 'Magnus', as was Alec, that they decided to stick to it. There was so much to talk about, Alec had the feeling they had a whole lifetime to catch up, though since their break-up a mere month had passed. The words "I love you" fell hundreds of times in all variations but Alec never got tired of hearing or saying them and neither did Magnus, apparently.

Eventually, when Magnus had started to lick Alec's abs and Alec's hands messed up Magnus's hairstyle while they grinded their hips against each other, Magnus suggested to transfer their activities to the bedroom, where they had fallen asleep hand in hand later, much later in the night, quite exhausted and not wasting one thought on the world outside their own little bubble.

Now Alec stroked over Magnus's back, over his hipbone and down his thigh, while wondering how in the world he could have been so lucky to win this amazing man back and how he could have been so stupid to toss him away in the first place. Alec's strokes finally woke Magnus up and he blinked dozily into the sunlight, that poured through a slit in the curtains. Then he turned around and looked at Alec before he pulled him into a slow and sweet good morning-kiss.

"Darling," Magnus said after a while against Alec's lips. Alec felt no need at all to interrupt this amazing wake-up call, so he just hummed and continued to nibble at Magnus's bottom lip.

"Alexander," Magnus tried again and pushed Alec away a bit with one hand.

"What?" Alec asked slightly irritated.

"Your phone is ringing."

"Oh." Alec had totally forgotten about what had woken him up in the first place. He sat up against the headboard and grabbed his phone with the intention to just silence the molester, but when he saw that it was Izzy calling, a twinge of guilt stirred in his guts. He had not informed anyone of his family where he had been going yesterday and his sister was probably worried out of her mind.

He accepted the call and said, "Hey, Izzy."

"Alec, finally," he heard his sisters voice at the other end of the line, "I have tried to call you three times already!"