Chapter 8:

(Thalia)

It has been I don't know how many days, Time works differently in the labyrinth, then normal time, and we could've been there for like weeks. Me, Percy and Grover walked through the halls of the maze. "When is it going to end?" Percy complained loudly. "Shut up" I whined. I was close in falling down huge hole. "What is that?" I shouted in fright. "Tartarus" Grover whispered. We walked past it, not wanting to fall down there since that is the worst place anyone can go. "Is that an arena?" Percy breathed. "That's the way" Grover nodded. "come on we need to find Daedalus' workshop before Luke does and uses it to destroy Camp" I said as we entered the arena, oh gods, I wished it was easier but of course it wasn't, then me and Grover were trapped in vines and guess who stood in front of us, Luke. "Okay Percy, if you want you and your friends want to pass, give us some free entertainment" Luke grinned creepily, "SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LET US GO! LUKE!" I screamed, "BEFORE I GET OUT OF THIS HECK OF A MESS AND KILL YOU I SWEAR I WILL!" Luke looked frightened and sad he looked at me, I could see the pure sadness in his eyes.

"Thalia.... You can join me.... You can make a better place for your brother and your mum" Luke said, walking closer to me. Percy pulled out is riptide and drew it right in front of Luke's neck. "Don't you dare go closer" Percy Threatened. Luke looked down at the sword, then to me, finally to Percy. He backed away and smiled, "let's see who your opponent is" Percy raised his sword higher, "Ethan Nakamura!" Luke announced. Ethan... he was that unclaimed boy from the Hermes cabin who I had grown a crush on. I wanted to cry, why was Luke doing this? "PLEASE JUST STOP LUKE, WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I shouted. "Everything" Luke responded. "YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING" I cried, "you need to stop Thalia before he does anything" Grover whispered. "RIGHT, I KNOW THAT!" Luke yelled. "What do you want?" I asked softly. "What I want?" Luke wondered out loud, "a better place for demigods" "do you think Kronos will do that? Think about it Luke, you came to our house, wanting me to run away with you, away from Kronos, it isn't too late". He looked as though he was considering it, I looked at Ethan I saw the sadness in his eyes.... well eye, since he has an eyepatch, "please, Ethan" I whispered hoping he heard me "Ethan.... Kill him" Luke said. "NO!" me and Grover shouted. Percy was able to duck Ethan's blow.

(Percy)

Why didn't Luke just listen to Thalia? Luke knows that kronos won't do what he promised. Ethan's blows were really hard. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him. "Because why would the gods care about us, they are selfish, they only care about themselves, and plus my mother doesn't have a throne or a cabin" Ethan growled, "Whose you Mother?" "Nemesis goddess of revenge" "I agree with you Ethan, yes Minor gods and goddesses should have their own Cabins and thrones, but working for Kronos isn't the right decision" I replied as I duck another one of his blows, "come help us get out of here alive", "no, Kronos will rise and we will be able to destroy Olympus and we can build a world of our own, Join us, Kronos would like someone like you in his army" "thanks.......but no" Ethan struck again below the feet, but likely I jumped giving me the time to use the blunt side of my sword to push him out of balance, causing him to fall on to the ground.

"Kill me, if you don't want Kronos to be brought back" Ethan said. "No" I stated, I ran towards Thalia and Grover and cut the vines, all three of us ran out of the arena. "DON'T LET THEM EXCAPE!" I heard Luke scream. We ran faster and faster. "This part of the labyrinth looks new" Thalia observed after a couple of hours or days. Ahead of us I saw a staircase, "is that the entrance?" Grover asked, "I hope so" Thalia sighed, we walked up the stairs, we entered a weird looking place, "this is it!" I exclaimed, "We found it" "May I ask what you are doing here?" A man's voice said, I turned to the direction of the voice. "we were looking for you, we didn't know you were still alive counting that you're more than a thousand years old man who supposedly tries running away from death" I said, "Thanatos really doesn't like you" Thalia and Grover snigger a bit before straightening up again. "May I ask who you are" Daedalus scowled getting annoyed. "Percy Romanoff son of Poseidon, this is my adopted sister Thalia Romanoff daughter of Zeus and our best friend Grover Underwood" I introduced. "What do you need?" he asked. "Ariadne's string, our camp is in danger and Kronos' army is trying to get it so they could use it to make the army all the way to camp and destroy it" I explained. "No" Daedalus replied. "WHAT!" Thalia exclaimed, "we need it, or else Kronos will destroy everything" "please we need it, we will leave as soon as you give it to us" Grover pleaded. Daedalus thought for a moment before he looked through drawers, he finally pulled out a string.