#37 Maelstrom

Naruto didn't know what to think of when he was handed a water balloon, looking up at Jiraiya who gave him a calculated look, while Ryouichi sat on the fence nearby humming in curiosity. The use of objects to train was a common practice to learning chakra control exercises, a easy example would be the leaf technique, if you are able to place a leaf on your forehead and keep it there for hours on end it would help your flow of chakra, it was a very simple chakra exercise so it was learned an early age at the academy after the children unlocked their chakra.

Another use for objects in terms of use for chakra was chakra manipulation training. It was something similar to what Ryouichi's training is about, able to form chakra at will was something very useful to have of course so he and Naruto trained with chakra constantly. "Your goal for this training is to pop that water balloon with chakra." Naruto frowned as he said this as Jirayia got his own and in almost an instant as it hit his hand, the ball started to swirl in his hand before exploding outwards. "Just like that."

Naruto looked down at his hand and tried to pump his chakra into the balloon, but what that did was just make the ball bigger before it deflated. Naruto frowned before his new sensei tossed the ball towards the blond who caught it reflexively before trying again and again. Ryouichi had watched with added fascination, he looked towards Jiraiya who tossed him one. "Would you like to try it as well 'my lord?'" Ryouichi rolled his eyes before the ball in his hand exploded outwards. "That it?" To say Jirayia was surprised would be an understatement, Naruto looked at his fiance in a pout. "Mah, Ryou-Kun, no fair!"

The whine got him a grin as he shrugged his shoulders, "I've been using chakra a lot like this so it was a lot simpler than I imagined." Naruto grumbled something about it not being simple as the elder of the two shook away his thoughts before pulling out another storage scroll, another batch of balls appeared as Ryou looked at them curiously. "Alright, since it was so easy, try this one." So he did, The rubber ball in his hand was defiantly denser, and it was a lot sturdier than the simple elastic water balloon, and it actually didn't pop after Ryou tried again and again. 

"See that's what I'm doing too..." Naruto muttered as he stared down at his hand in confusion. "I normally wouldn't help you two... but it seems we are cut on time. Naruto, try swirling your chakra around in multiple directions. Ryouichi, try pumping your chakra in more frequently. You two need to switch your problems and you should be able to do it." Just as Jiraiya said this Naruto took a few seconds to hear a loud pop. "YES!" The cheer made Ryouichi grin before he held out his hand, the chakra drain hitting him before the rubber ball in his hand exploded.

Handing the rubber ball to Naruto it didn't take long for his to explode again after a few tries and an easier time with his chakra to force it out. "Alright, now this is your final task..." Jiraiya fumbled with a few more scrolls before another ball came out though it seemed similar to the original ball... very fragile. "Swirl your chakra exactly as you did, but do not pop to balloon." Naruto and Ryouichi paused as they looked at each other in confusion.

Naruto tried rotating the chakra in his hand for the ball to start moving, his eyes narrowed in determination before the ball shredded in his hand, the chakra dispersed out of his hand in a short burst of wisps. "Ah, I see what he's doing..." Naruto gave a short glance from inside his mind to see Kurama looking at the blond in fascination before a grin broke out of the fox's mouth. "That jutsu was one of few things that scared me." The blond stared at the fox in confusion before Ryouichi tried his hand at it, though it led to a similar fate.

"Exactly what jutsu are you trying to teach us pervy sage?" Jiraiya didn't seem so put off by the nickname but left it at that. "It's called the Rasengan." Just as he said the name Ryouichi's balloon popped from the concentration as Ryouichi looked at him in shock. "WHAT!?" Jiraiya grinned, seeing that the teen recognized the jutsu name. "What?" Naruto looked at Ryou then back at the toad sage only for Jiraiya to sit down on a log post.