34# Missing him

Naruto sighed as he shakily sat down on the grass patch below him, feeling the drain of what he had just done as he felt Ryouichi's hands running through his hair, smiling down at him as little foxes started running around full of life and happiness... seemingly never seeing the open field before. It had been a few hours since the preliminaries, but notifying Hiruzen of their run-in with Orochimaru and their plans to leave for the month to train... Of course, he also had a promise to keep.

There in front of them was Riku, and to see Ryouichi was intimidated was an understatement the fox had been showing off his fangs in a fox-like grin, "I thank you kit, this place is beautiful." Riku lifted his head toward the tree where foxes scurried up and around as Sora sat down next to Ryouichi. "Yes this place is amazing, and there are no pesky spiders." Ryouichi stared at the place in wonder, all his life he hadn't found the beautiful meadow surrounded by trees, it was just outside the fire capital. The Daimyo's palace was seen very clearly if they looked up from a tree.

His hands roamed the blond's locks, petting them as a few kits ran up to him and started running around them, Naruto giggled as they started to scurry up on top of him and Ryouichi, one of them sitting directly on top of the red-head's hair, his right eye closed from the tail that swished in front of it. One jumped on top of Naruto's lap as he had placed his hand over his mouth stifling the laughter. Ryouichi had a small grin hearing the laughter. "Hello, kits." Naruto cooed as he scratched behind their ears, the fox's mouth was opened yipping with happiness from the scratches.

The one perched on top of Ryou's head jumped from his head to Sora as the large fox laid down in the field and hummed. "I have never seen so much life in the kits..." Sora hummed as the kit started bouncing ontop of his head, the fox tilted his head up as the young kit started to slide down the back of the horse sized fox.

after a little while of staring off at the meadow Naruto felt a small amount of sadness as a tear slowly dropped from his eye and landing on a little kit. said kit looked up and mewed in sadness and started licking at his whiskers, trying his best to make it stop. "What is wrong kit?" he had heard Sora's voice and Naruto quickly shook his head. Ryou feeling his fiance shaking only tightened the grip and looked at him in worry. "I just really miss my son." Riku hummed as Yukio scurried close to him. "You have a son?" Nodding his head he smiled at the little image of the red haired boy.

"Haruki... its been two weeks since we saw him..." Naruto looked down in sadness, there was suddenly a warm feeling that washed over him and Ryouichi, the drain gone as he looked up in surprise. Riku only chuckled at the look, leaning his head down next to the two teens "Go to him, reunite with your kit. I hope I gave you enough to feel energized." Naruto looked up at Ryouichi and smiled brightly as he jumped up and gave the large fox a hug on the snout. "Thank you Riku-sama." The fox nodded his head. "I would love to see your kit one day. Because I am sure he would be our next great summoner."

Nodding his head Naruto turned around to look at Ryou and instantly grabbed his hand so he and Ryou could shunshin to the palace. "Bye!" Naruto waved to the mass of foxes and disappeared. determined to get to his child...

...

Iren was in a small amount of bliss caring for Haruki, The baby never fussed and he always was so easy to get smiling with his adorable face. She had always wanted a son but with her age she doubt she could ever find someone in time to carry one... but when always felt Ryouichi was the closest thing to a son she could have... his temper needed work as he kept threatning people with knives or fire but... she still understood why now... he was protecting the love of his life...

She had always wondered when he said 'What was worth protecting. the greed of this city or the one person he felt saw him for who he was...' she had always thought back to that and she always knew his answer was both no matter what he loved his city ever if there was greed in it. She also knew that Naruto would bring a change to the city one day... it was evident after hearing his story after dealing with the Uchiha demon... that greed and hate would wash away eventually.

Sighing to herself she walked outside on the balcony of the vacation home she smiled ever so lightly as the slowly falling sun threw out rays of light that seemed so beautiful to watch in the quaint village. looking down she saw the baby had fallen asleep, silently snoozing against his arm in silence. after seeing the sun set fully she had silently dozed off before the door to the balcony flung open and she tensed briefly. Baby in her arms never the aware before a blond and red head came outside. The whiskered blond looking a little frantic then normal before he seemingly sighed, his shoulders sagging in relief.

"You're back. I thought you would be gone for the month to train?" Iren asked curiously as Ryou rubbed hos head sheepishly. "that was the plan but, we kinda got Haruki... sick." Iren tilted her head before looking at Naruto who seemed to be staring at the baby in longing. "Haruki sick." Naruto nodded his head quickly. "Its so bad..." the whisper was so small as she gave a small laugh, standing up from the chair she sat on she walked towards Naruto. "Here you go, he ate well while you were away, he even gave me some new funny faces." Handing Haruki to Naruto the teen gave the biggest smile in so long that Iren thought it might split his face in two.

"Thank you for this Iren, it means alot." Ryouichi said as he turned towards her and she smiled. "nonesense... you are all pratically family for me. Besides he to cute not to fuss over." Iren gave a small wave as she started to walk towards the door. "Iren" opening the door she gave a small turn to give him the sign that she was listening. "You're family to us too." Irens shoulders tensed as she nodded her head... a small drop cascaded down from her eyes before closing the door.

Ryouichi turned back to his son and fiance only to coo at the baby before giving his hand to Naruto. "Come on, Riku got rid of your chakra exhaustion but your muscles must be aching." Naruto nodded his head as he grabbed ahold of the hand in front of him. Getting guided to his and Ryouichi's room he lightly laid down with Haruki in his arms, silently taking in the baby's features as he whispered "I missed you way to much..." Ryou could only smile warmly at Naruto holding their son closely but when he started to see tears flowing his concern grew.

"I don't understand..." the whisper was so sudden as Ryou slowly eased his way onto the bed and brought the blond close to him, his chest pressing against Narutos back. "Whats wrong." the whisper etched into his neck so sweetly. "I... I never thought I would ever be a parent, not like this and not so soon..." Ryou opened his eyes and brought his hands up to Narutos hair to lightly stroke the locks. "I love being one so much that I really, really wish I knew my parents." Ryou blinked his eyes registering in understanding. He had never talked much about his family and he knew he was a orphan... though it was concerning that he didnt know who his parents were...

"Is it wrong I hope they died..." That sent red flags as he looked at his fiances face who was silently crying, his eyes meeting his. "It sounds wrong... but its better than the alternative... them abandoning me while Kurama was sealed inside of me..." Ryouichi nodded his head. "I just... don't understand if they did abandon me... I love being a parent so much... was I really that easily abandoned?" Ryouichi rubbed his hand back and forth against Naruto's side he knew doing this was enough but of course there was more he could do. "I'll go ask gramps for your medical records, you deserve that and so much more." turning his head Naruto looked gobsmack. "Y-you dont have to do that Ryou-kun..." Ryou smiled. "I think I should know who our childs grandparents are, as should you."

closing his mouth Naruto nodded his head silently  "Not to mention if they are alive... no one will save them."  kissing Naruto on the cheek he got up.  "You want me to lay Haruki down before I go?" Naruto nodded his head as he slowly released his hold on his baby, Ryouichi went around and grabbed him only for a kiss to etch onto his lips by the blond. "Love you..." Ryouichi smiled brightly "Love you too. I'll be back in no time." looking down at Haruki he gave the baby a small kiss to his forehead and laid him inside his crib.

now... time to pay the kage another visit. "Kitane..." as he exited the room his guard appeared in front of him. "Make sure they are safe... I don't want another Ebina incident... tell the others." Kitane nodded his head. "Yes Ryou-sama." Ryouichi turned and gave his guards one last look before heading out the door...

tbc

so apparently my part got deleted so i had to redo this one. thanks wattpad.