12# A mission?

Naruto blinked curiously as he and his team were stood in front of Hiruzen, it had been four days since Ryouichi had to leave and Naruto seemed to have grown stronger, the meditation that Ryou had him do was a huge help... but he often wondered why no one else was doing the meditation that he taught him... he kept his mouth shut, wondering if it was a trade secret... however the day Kakashi taught him Tree walking... he mastered it... Kakashi was also surprised, seeing as he had a lot of chakra, as much as Hiruzen in his age that was a surprise. Naruto guessed the meditation of controlling his chakra flow and emotions had... immensely helped Naruto's improvement.

The wind jutsu he also learned was fairly easy as well... he mastered the flow of chakra and was able to control some of it to a degree... add chakra until the person who stands in your way is completely blown away... Naruto shook away the thoughts as Hiruzen began to speak. "You have a C rank mission, a escort mission to wave country, it should take at least a week to complete... Tazuna is the man you shall protect. Dismissed." Hiruzen re furled the scroll and handed it towards Kakashi who grabbed it... Naruto who frowned at the long mission.. His mind going to the red haired boy he was hoping to see soon...

 The man named Tazuna walked in and gave the four a lazy look and pointed with a bottle of Sake, very tipsily. "These are my bodyguards~ They are just a bunch of brats with a cyclops..." He slurred making Naruto twitch his eyebrow before he sighed, running his fingers through his hair in annoyance... it was going to be a long mission alright... That was when the door opened and Naruto's heart skipped a beat.

...

Ryouichi sighed as he sat down at the giant table that sat many of his advisers. "My lord, we heard of something from one of your guards that you have been engaged? To whom?" The one who asked was a man named Daihi... and he was one of the ones Asuma had warned him about... Mostly because he himself was with his father in all council meetings, so he took his word for it. "Does it concern you Daihi?" Ryou asked in a sense of annoyance making him raise his hands in defense, "It's not like that my lord, we just want you to have a perfect spouse, that is why we given you many arranges marriages." There was a few nods around the table, but the ones who Ryou trusted, Aina and Bakao, stayed still...

"You give marriage proposals so you can manage up any power, and if do tell you about Naruto, you will use him as leverage..." The thoughts running through his mind made him sigh and say, "The one I marry is ultimately up to me, and I will only introduce them and proclaim them if they want me too." Ryouichi opened his silver eyes as he placed his hands in front of his chin, scanning the faces with discreet looks. "My lord, we are just concerned." A woman across from him said, she was a unknown to the Damiyo, named Mabuki... but of course the unknown was always scary, so he had his guard up.

"I don't need it, You may advise as you do, but stay out of my personal business... now tell me why else you have called me here." Ryouichi stated in annoyance making the advisers tense. "It was me who called for a practical matter My lord." He looked over towards Bakao and gave him a nod to speak. "One of our spies from the newly created Oto has uncovered a snake, Orochimaru seems to have strings that he has been pulling there for quite a while." Ryouichi raised his eyebrow.. "Old mans student huh..." Bakao whispered the rest into his ear as he nodded slowly before standing up and turning around ever so slightly, "I guess I have something to do... This meeting is dismissed..."

...

Ryouichi ran into the room where he set up the seal and cursed as he looked down at his clothing but knew that he had some spare clothing in the vacation house. Sending a blood clone out into his desk before he did the final seal and he vanished... before reappearing back into Konoha. He fell down to his knee in exhaustion before looking up towards the closet and changing quickly as possible. "Gotta tell the old man." Grabbing the clothing he tossed it into the closet quickly then running out the door, stumbling from the exhaustion as he did.

Running along the road before he finally saw the Hokage's building, running inside he ran up, ignoring the woman at the desk and up the stairs before opening the door... what he saw surprised him. "Ryou-kun?" Hiruzen asked in complete shock, why was the boy here? he wasn't expecting him here so early, Naruto smiled happily seeing him and tackled him to the ground happily. "Ryou! It felt like ages!" Naruto shouted hysterically making Ryou smile sheepishly, Tazuna gave them both of look of confusion before looking towards the Hokage, "I'm going to wait outside.." 

Hiruzen looked towards Ryouichi and gave him a odd look. "What is it that you need Ryou-kun?" He looked up suddenly remembering the words from his adviser, opening his mouth before closing it and sadly looked down at the blond. "Hey Naruto-kun, not that I'm not glad to see you, but i have to talk to the old man for a bit." He whispered before looking towards Hiruzen and he instantly got the message. "You may all leave, this seems urgent, Right Ryou-kun?" He asked and did a signal for his Anbu to also leave. Naruto got up off of Ryou in a slight sadness but the red haired Damiyo smiled at him, "Sorry Naruto-kun, I can't stay for long, something came up..just go on your.. mission?" He asked making Hiruzen nod while the blond frowned sadly but nodded, "Okay... but you gotta make it up to me..." He whispered making Ryou give a grin and one last hug before waving a goodbye to him.

Ryou shut the door before he sighed and looked towards Hiruzen, "I have news you might need to hear.." The Kage frowned but let him sit down, seemingly exhausted from chakra depletion. "One of my spies found out that Orochimaru has some control from the newly founded village of Oto, it has something to do with the upcoming chunin exams... that's all I know..." Hiruzen frowned as soon as he heard his old students name. "I see... Thank you for giving me the tip... Though you didn't have to... rush here, my student Jiryia has his own network, but nevertheless.." He muttered and smiled towards the boy. "But on another note... I have something that might help you make it up to Naruto-kun... I asked for Jiriya-kun to make a seal for me, a chakra replenishing seal... It lasts for a month in constant use... He sent me three of them... and I asked for him to make them for you."

Ryouichi blinked confused at the mans idea. "I don't get it.." Hiruzen chuckled before he pulled out the three tags. "Put one on the seals that you placed, and also on the blood clone you use so you can go on Vacation... it should extend your time here." Ryouichi went wide eye and smiled brightly and gave the man a very generous bow. "Thank you Sarutobi-san... you have no idea how much I appreciate this." Hiruzen waved his hand, "Nonsense... this is a benefit to Naruto-kun... besides... I wouldn't want my favorite ninja to be sad." Ryouichi smiled at the man and gave him a nod before grabbing the tags and turning around, "I suppose I gotta get back to my city... I'll see you in a week." 

...

TBC