Chapter 5

Marinette

"Marinette Du-pain Cheng!”

Her head shot up, and unfortunately her mouth blurted the first thing that came to mind.

"Fifty-seven!"

"Oh girl, no." Alya whispered beside her, while the rest of the class broke out into snickers and giggles.

Marinette was exhausted. That acuma had kept her up until three am. So what if she had dozed off? She deserved a nap.

"For one, this is English class not math. And I didn't call your name."

Mrs. Bustier pointed in the direction of the door, and Marinette's gaze landed on a delivery man. What?

"You're Marinette Du-pain Cheng?"

He pointed at her, and she nodded, completely confused. Had her parents sent her snacks? No that was stupid. They would have just dropped it off to her at lunch. The delivery guy stepped out of the doorway, returning with a vase of red roses.

"Oh you have got to be joking." She mumbled under her breath as he placed them on top of her desk.

"I didn't order these." She said a little louder, and the man checked a paper he had.

"They're already paid for."

"By who?" Alya piped in, and he shrugged.

"It says secret admirer."

Oh, that mangy, dumb, stupid cat. The deliverer gave a tip of his hat, before shooting a smile at the teacher as he headed out the door.

"There's a note!" Alya squealed excitedly, snatching it off of the roses before Marinette could grab it.

"Alya give it back!" She snapped, trying to grab her friend's wrist.

Alya dodged, jumping out of her seat and running towards the back of the classroom as she opened it. Marinette quickly followed, terrified of whatever Chat had written on the card.

"Girls! Get back in your seats!" Mrs Bustier shouted, and Marinette was going to, but Alya had managed to pull out the card.

Dear God please let it be something normal.

"A dozen red roses-"

"Alya! Give it back!" She shouted, trying once again to grab the card.

"For the princess with the rosiest lips."

He fucking didn't. Oh, she was going to kill him. He wouldn't have to worry about the stars because she was going to put his ass in the ground.

"A dozen chocolates-"

He sent fucking chocolates too? Why? Why was this happening to her?

"For each adorable freckle."

"Oh my god Alya stop, please."

Yes. She had resorted to begging. Why? Because this was the most embarrassing thing that had happened in her entire life.

"And, two bluebells, for brilliant blue eyes." Alya finished, and Marinette finally yanked the note from her.

"That's so romantic Marinette! Who sent it?" She squealed, shaking her shoulders.

"Girls! Get back in your seats or I'll send you to the office!"

They both hauled ass to their seats, and Marinette was sure she was as red as the roses.