07

"You would make a good fighter if you weren't such a good thinker" -Thena

Thena had managed to take down the Deviant holding her back, running over and killing the Deviant that had hurt you

Thena had managed to take down the Deviant holding her back, running over and killing the Deviant that had hurt you. She reached down, offering a hand to haul you to your feet.

"Can you stand?" She asked with worry, knowing you were wounded and that Ajak wasn't here to help.

"Yeah, I'm good" you nodded back. You both stood back to back, Thena conjuring a sword and shield as you held your sword like she showed you earlier. Anither Deviant arrived, slowly circling you both as it was hunting its prey.

"I should have protected you" Thena scolded herself.

"We need to stand and fight until the others can help us" you explained with determination.

"You would make a good fighter if you weren't such a good thinker" Thena claimed, making light of the situation you had gotten into together.

"Let's hope I can put my mind to some good use" you took in a deep breath before jumping into battle. You ran to slide under the Deviant, slicing its stomach with your sword as Thena delivered the final stab, jumping onto its back and forcing her sword through its head. The Deviant fell to the ground and in its wake another one climbed over the hill. "Over there!" You called out, pointing to the next Deviant.

"Trust me!" Thena called back, holding her shield above her head. You watched with confusion, looking into her thoughts to see her plan. With an understanding nod you ran towards her, jumping onto her knee and stepping onto the shield where she pushed you into the air to cut off its head in one swift motion.

Two more arrived, tackling you both away from each other. You kicked it off of you, turning to grab your sword when it clawed at your side, grabbing you and pinning you harshly into the dirt. It continued to claw at you as you were just out of reach from your sword. Your face had been cut and scratched, covered in dirt while your side was bleeding out fast from the large wound you had been dealt. Your shoulder still seared with pain as you tried to move desperately. You used your powers to pull your sword to you, stabbing the Deviant and using the last of your strength to push in away.

You stood to your feet, grasping at your side while your sword was in your other hand. You stumbled over behind Thena who had just killed another Deviant gracefully.

"Th-Thena" you choked out, holding your side that had been hurt.

"Y/n" she rushed to your side, catching you as you fell to the ground. "The others should be on their way" she promised. "Just hold on a little longer" Thena brushed your stray strands of hair out of your bloody face. Your eyes closed and Thena let a tear fall from her eyes just as Makkari sped over.

"Get her back to Ajak" Thena ordered sternly as Makkari took in your state. She nodded, picking you up with ease as she rushed you to the lab. She set you on an emoty table in the lab, Ajak and Druig rushing to your side and gasping at the sight. You looked nothing like the Eternal who had left with Thena that morning.