28

"Take care of them"-Phastos

2 weeks later.
South Dakota

"The sudden appearence of an enormous stone figure in the Indian ocean has left more questions than answers for authorities" the news reported. You had all been sitting around Ajaks house watching the news. The last few weeks had been spent healing, resting and rebuilding the Domo. You were seated on the couch between Makkari and Druig, the later with his arm draped across your shoulder as he ate. Phastos was sitting beside his husband as Jack was in the kitchen with Thena.

"You guys did that?" His husband asked in shock, looking to you all sitting around casually. 

"I love you so much" Phastos told him in between bites of pizza.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked Thena, watching as she stuck her hand in a toaster, not understanding how it worked as Gilgamesh would always cook for you in yournisolated home.

"I get confused sometimes" she admitted to the boy.

"Yeah, me too" he told her with a sigh before jumping to reach the orange that was high on a shelf. "So dad said you are the Goddess Athena"

"Thena, drop the A" she told him sternly as she faced him with a smile, trying to be friendly.

"What's your superpower?" He asked with interest, pausing his movements for the orange. She reached an arm out and summoned a blade catching the orange on the end of it.

"Oh! Alright one second" Phastos rushed to stand up after hearing a noise from the kitchen. You stood too, moving to follow and check on Thena, but Druig pulled you down into his lap, holding you close.

"Don't leave"

"Never" you smiled down at him, resting your foreheads together happily. Phastos entered as Jack took the orange carefully from the blade.

"That's sharp. Almost gave you a shave and a haircut. Stand behind be actually" he told his son as Thena got rid of the weapon and acted innocent. "Remember earmuffs like we practiced. Thank you so much" he told Jack as he covered his ears and turned to Thena. "You know that your baby sitting priveleges are completely revoked right?" He told her as she listened with amusement. "Thank you, Thank you Violence hey.. Violence is never the answer, right, T" Phastos told his son, looking to Thena to agree with him. "You've gotta always choose your brain"

"Like you did fighting on the beach" Thena added watching things unfold between the two, Jack laughing as his dad spiralled into panic.

"Your dad.. spoke calmly and firmly to the bad guy and he had no choice but to listen to me, so.. " Phastos continued as you entered with Druig right behind you.

"The boy is 10 years old, he is not stupid" Druig reminded.

"When are you guys leaving? When is that happening? That's happening soon right?" Phastos called as you and Druig started to walk out. "Don't go anywhere near him" he warned as Druig walked past them.