25

"You always did underestimate her" -Phastos

"He's still part of you" Thena said remembering what it felt like when she had lost Gilgamesh only days ago

"He's still part of you" Thena said remembering what it felt like when she had lost Gilgamesh only days ago. You gave her a silent nod, promising her that you would be able to do this. You all spun around at a large rumble, the volcano exploding with chunks of lava. Rocks began to fall from the sky down towards you all.

In one swift movement, you had moved behind Thena as she protected you, using her sword to slice through the large rock. Phastos shot them out of the sky before they could do any damage while Sersi had reached out, turning one into a flock of birds.

"What if I killed the celestial?" you suggested the earlier idea again when the lava rocks slowed down a bit.

"What? No" Sersi stated sternly.

"Phastos?" You turned to him.

"I don't know" Phastos was weary of the idea.

"He's going to destroy the world, but if this time I kill him he won't be able to" you reminded, hoping they would understand and agree to your plan.

"No" Sersi shook her head.

"But it will work right?" you turned to Phastos.

"Yeah it would work, but you have to understand that would mean that you could kill yourself in the process, Druig isn't here to share the pressure of it and our conjoined powers will only do so much now that there's only five of us" he reminded you sadly.

"I know" you told them all with firm nod of understanding.

"Are you sure about this?" Sersi asked.

"At least I'll die protecting the place and people I love" you smiled, thinking back on all of the good times before the chaos. "I need to get closer to Tiamut" you looked to them all, stating your plan. "Keep Ikaris busy. And Thena, don't give him a chance to get up" you gave her a stern look which she understood.

"We've got you. Go" Thena agreed sending you off as her and Phastos went to help Makkari. You brushed away the stray tears and turned to Sersi.

"Ready?"

"Ready" she nodded back to you in confirmation. The two of you ran across the landscape to get closer to the volcano so that the heart of the team could kill the celestial. Your mind had gone blank and cold as you had pushed back all thoughts distracting you from the mission at hand, stopping the celestial for Druig.

"Enough" Ikaris stated as he shot Makkari back with a laser beam. Phastos and Thena ran in, joining the fight against the Eternal who had betrayed you all. Phastos sent a large wheel to cut Ikaris, but he shot it and broke it before it got the chance to deal any harm. It knocked him back as he looked up to shoot a laser at Thena who had pulled up a shield to protect herself. Phastos shot back at Ikaris with his blasters, trying to deal some damage to him.