13: A Beautiful Scar

✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

I was so hungry I could eat a pile of fried Nuna legs. If Ani or anyone else heard my stomach rumble, they would think I was some monster. I hadn't had a plate of anything delicious since joining the Jedi Order; it had been so long that I wouldn't remember what some of the spices on Nuna's legs tasted like. That was precisely what my sister had prepared for us as a gift.

I was skipping down the hallways humming a song, again my stomach growling off-tune.
I shook my head.

That's one way to end a song.

I opened the doors to the dining room and paused, squinting my eyes in suspicion. Anakin pulled out a chair for Padmé, who was dressed to kill, and I was dressed in my plain Jedi robes to gain approval from the monks.
I couldn't help but clench my fist in jealousy.

What the hell is wrong with me? I shouldn't feel this way.

I strode in with a pout; Anakin must have noticed my mood as he Force pulled my chair out for me. I glared at him, huffing in annoyance.

Oh, how nice of him.

I sat down; a scowl spread across my lips. As Anakin began to sit down, I Force pushed the chair from underneath him. He landed on his butt, looking around wide-eyed, with blushing cheeks.

If my master were here, he wouldn't be happy.

"Is something wrong, Mr. Chosen One?" I mocked. "Having trouble with a chair, are we."

Anakin let out a low growl as he pulled himself together, his cheeks still flushed from embarrassment. My sister and I giggled, though she tried to stifle it with a hand over her mouth. I didn't care; Anakin deserved that.

He yanked the chair back and sat down, gripping his utensil so tight his knuckles were white. I watched his eyes wander over to me and back to Padme, smirking like a devil.

"Padmé, you look radiant tonight," Anakin flirted. " It must be the dress. It suits you very well."

I looked over at her gown; it was all black, skin tight, and the only thing holding the dress up was a sparkling choker. It was the most revealing outfit I had seen her wear, and between her smoky eye shadow and deep red lips, my sister knew exactly what she was doing to poor Anakin, who probably had never seen a woman dressed so... suggestive in his 19-year life. I let my body slump in the chair, I always needed to outshine everyone in the room, but now I felt like I blended in with the furniture.

Me? Be Ordinary, unnoticeable. That is absurd.

Padmé had a slight blush on her cheek as she smiled sweetly. "Thank you, Anakin. It's one of my favorites. I'm glad you like it."

You got to be kidding me!

I scoffed, slamming my fork onto the table. "I lost my appetite."

I get up from the table, rushing out of the dining room, not caring if I ate. I felt the sudden urge to cry. I let a few tears fall, and my knees wobbled. I didn't want to stand, so I placed myself against the wall. I jerked Anakin's gift from underneath my robes, looking at it solemnly through my blurry tears, wondering why he was acting like this. Hell, why was I acting this way? I should not be so emotional! I threw the necklace across the hall, storming to my room.

I need to meditate or have a stiff drink. Perhaps both.

I slammed the door behind me and sat down, closing my eyes, thinking about rainbows, butterflies, and everything wonderful. So far, my tears cascaded down my face, and my chest felt painful as if my heart had split into two. I had to breathe, just breath...