CHAPTER 12

YUVRAAJ DEVEN SINGH RAJPUT'S POV:

Typing in the pass code, I entered my penthouse. For namesake I was home but this place is no home to me just a place to stay, to rest so that I can keep going on with my work. The sitting area was dimly lit with the lamps and the twilight creeping in from the floor to ceiling windows. This place is equipped with every comfort available to mankind but it does not compares with the soft smile which my Dadi saa gives me whenever I comeback from work or the head massage and the warm coffee given by my Maa saa. For a common man the best way to describe this place would be lavish. But when you own such penthouses in atleast half the countries of the world I guess you simply tend to forget appreciating them. I have stayed in many such places   since my childhood and the only thing I have realized so far is that home is where the heart is, and my heart is back home with my family in Jaipur.

Rolling my shirt sleeves uptill my elbows I dumped my suit jacket on the couch and loosened my tie. Twisting my neck around I walked towards the open bar and started searching for something strong enough to numb my mind for sometime.

Taking a seat on my armchair I looked at the new York city which never seemed to stop. Whenever I sit here and look around at the people bustling around it somehow solidifies my belief to never get attached to anyone, this world is so fast paced that people don't have the patience to walk with you anymore they usually prefer to walk with you till it's all things nice and when it becomes even slightly difficult they simply walk away or they use you like a stepping stone to their success.

Shaking my head ,I leaned back and closed my eyes. The silence in the room seemed to be eating me up and calming me down at the same time.         
Twirling the glass a little I took a sip and as soon as the bitter taste of my drink overtook my taste buds I could feel my body loosening up and my breath evening out. As my choice of poison slowly started taking over my senses my thoughts drifted towards unusual day and towards a special person in particular.

'Adhweta Singh ' she is like the waves of an ocean unpredictable, fearless, unruly and wild. There is no one perfect word or category to put her under. As soon as I see her as the shrewd put together business woman she changes into a ferocious sarcasm enthusiast. One minute she'll be smiling  like a little girl and in the next minute smirking like a she-devil. She may appear to be very simple but is infact more complicated than most people.

Although she was half the size of the men who were present there in my conference room yet the way she commanded their attention was commendable. Her lithe form was draped in a white t-shirt loosely tucked in a pair of skin fit jeans. The open collar button gave a peak at her delicate and defined collar bone and the crisp white collar accentuated her slender long neck. The contrast of the white t-shirt  against her dusky skincolor complimented her look and the belt around her waist emphasized its narrowness . Her outfit revealed nothing yet highlighted her curves.