CHAPTER 24

I would highly recommend you guys to go back and read the last chapter so that you all can get in the zone.

ADHWETA SINGH'S POV:

"you have claimed so much of me but ...what do I have of you?"

Running his fingers through my hair he looked at me. Like really looked at me with his eyes searching my face as if he would find the answer to my question in the tangles of my hair or in the dark circles under my eyes or the cleft in my cheek. Capturing my face in the palms of his hand he placed his forehead against mine.

" Believe me when I say this you have more of me, than I was ever willing to give to anybody. You started by taking a few moments of my life, which soon turned into hours and then you took up my nights and now even my day is becoming yours. You took my peace and my time. I like to compare the darkness of your hair with that of the night, the brightness and shine in your eyes with that of the sun and this little dimple on your cheek is like the tiny star teasing from afar. I had everything planned out in my life to the T but then you came along and now I don't know where I want to go, or be anymore. Everything has suddenly become about you. Hell for the past few days I am having my assistant blowing up your phone every half hour. It seems as if you have me in some sort of a trance ...and I don't want to come out of it. "

His eyes were glassy, and I could feel the slight tremble in his hand and voice as he spoke. His entire body was screaming the truth of his emotions.

Sliding my hand from his shoulder to his cheek I rubbed my hand on his stubble as I placed my head on his shoulder. His words were pleasing ,exactly what I would love to hear but, it was not enough.

" Can I have your word, your promises , your commitment.. ....your heart?"

And it was at this question that he looked away causing my heart to shrink a little in fear. Placing my palms on either sides of his face I forced him to look my way.

" No Deven....if you have got the guts to go up and kiss a girl as if you are out for her soul, then you should have the guts to look into her eyes and tell her whether she has a place in your heart or not ?

Releasing a long sigh, he looked at me in desperation.

" It's not that easy Adhweta the place where I come from has me shackled with responsibilities. I don't have any rights on my own heart."

" It's a yes or no question Dev."

" Please Adhweta don't do this..please."

" All my life Dev, I have had everything in pieces only. And I have long lost the wish to have those things wholly to myself. Now the only wish that I have is to find someone who can make me his priority and be mine. Who can take my heart and give me his."

" Adhweta please try to understand I don't want to loose you but my hands are tied I..."

A single tear rolled down his cheek as his eyes beseeched me to understand him, to hold him and forget everything and everyone in this moment. But that is the the problem, I want an eternity with him and if I stay with him any longer, then I would be left with an eternity of him, without him. Which will eventually destroy me.

" I am already in pieces deven and it seems like you are too...and if we'll stay together then we would end up stabbing each other with our jagged edges. So it's better to leave now at least the pain would be... bearable."

Getting up from his lap felt like a task. I could feel the warmth of his skin leaving me and making me feel cold inside out. He tried to catch my hand once but I pulled it away, as I shook my head with the tears falling from my eyes.

He looked at me for a few minutes as if memorizing every minor detail about me in his mind and then with an agonized breath he got up and started walking towards the door with languid steps. With his every step going away from me, it felt as if I was being pushed into an abyss.

Turning the knob, he opened the door and looked back at me.

"You were asking for my heart and commitment but it feels like as if... you have claimed my soul."

And then he walked away.

Walked away with my heart and soul.

HEY, guys hope you all are doing good . This chapter was quite emotional for me to write. I wanted to take my time so that I could maintain its sanctity.

And my results came I had almost cleared this level of my exams but just because of 5-6 numbers I did not make it. So I have to go back to the grind.

I am not stopping the updates completely but they will be less. Please forgive me but my future depends on my career and writing is my passion not career. So yeah I hope you all will understand.

Now as for Deven ....he must be looking like an ass right now....but wait for sometime he also has something to tell.

Now this time's question

If guys had one super power what would it be?

What is that one small thing doing which always makes you happy or feel secured and safe?

Do vote and comment. Untill next time.