CHAPTER 15

ADHWETA SINGH'S POV:

"Don't you even dare!"

Gathering my wits, I jerked up my head only to have my breath stuck in my throat. His face was so, so close to me.

"Miss Singh"

I could make out the flattering curves of his long eyelashes and the faint mole under his lower lip. I could see his lips moving but nothing made sense .My eyes were busy drinking him in and my mind savouring his being .

"Miss Singh"

You know the euphoria which you get when you sneak out to the terrace for some alone time while your entire family sleeps or when you raid the kitchen for ice cream knowing that if anyone came to know about it you'd be in trouble. There is this adrenaline rush which keeps you high and the tinkling fear of being caught makes you jumpy and nervous. And it is this same rush, this same fear of being caught which encompassed me while I stared at his face. He is so devastatingly , damningly beautiful!

"Adhweta!" And just like that the clock struck midnight and the spell which had me hexed finally broke. Though a tiny part of me still registered the fact that my name sounded so good when he called me by it.

"Adhweta! Are you even listening to me ? Don't test my patience you won't like the consequences if you dared to. Who the hell! Do you think you are walking into warehouses and storerooms like that. Your work was to simply overlook the finance of the given project. With whose permission did you go there? And now that you have landed on a hospital bed with your foolishness you will sit quietly and do what I and the doctors tell you to do. I should not see you getting up from this bed for anything and I mean anything. Otherwise I swear to god I will personally chain you to this bed."

The only thing which was missing during his entire rant was the smoke coming out of his ears. Lines creased his broad forehead and his nose twitched in annoyance. His hands were tightly enclosed in a fist and the veins on his neck and temple were throbbing harshly as he bellowed at me.

After staring at his face for a few minutes I looked down and sighed while simultaneously shrugging my shoulders. Planting my feet on the ground and my hands on the bed I pushed myself off the bed only to get pushed back down with big heavy hands wrapped around my shoulders.

Digging his hands into my skin he pulled me closer towards himself. The strength of his hold made me worry for my shoulder. His hold was so tight, so demanding but not painful at any given moment. Bending a little he bored his eyes into mine.

"Let's get one thing very clear little flower. I don't take kindly to those who ignore me or go against me. You don't know what I am and what I can be and trust me you don't want to know. You are so small, so fragile in front of me. Do you realise how easily I can snap you into two? Crush you between my fingers? My patience is hanging by a very fine thread. So don't try to push it. And simply tell me what you need or what you want to do I will do it or get it for you."

Pushing away his hands , I glared at him. "Stop manhandling me. I am not a child and you are not my parent or guardian. I will do whatever I want. And you just said that you will do whatever I need to do on my behalf, then tell me Mr. Rajput would you attend my nature's call on my behalf ?"

Damn ! just how do I manage to make him speechless every time I open my mouth.

Crossing my hands across my chest I glared at him as he did the same with his jaws clenched tightly.

"That's what I thought." Throwing my last glare towards him I finally stood up and as soon I took my first step a shocking pain rose from my left ankle up to my hip making me yelp in pain.