Chapter 7

Bill Weasley was a curse breaker for Gringotts bank, the eldest Weasleys occupation required that he retain total control of his actions and emotions - his life depended on it! At this precise moment Bill would have trouble writing his name, Bill's cool exterior masking the turmoil raging inside as his mind struggled to process the images supplied by his senses.

The thought of his mother using their beloved young sister as some kind of broodmare for financial gain while murdering Harry had nearly made him vomit.

Percy, sitting to his right had lost his lunch and while Charlie was made of sterner stuff he didn't look as if he would be able to eat anything for a while as he sat to Bill's left waiting on the young couple who held the Weasley's future in their hands.

Bill had always assumed they attended Hogwarts under some scholarship scheme or a charitable fund and his parents refusal to discuss the situation he had considered hurt pride on their part as Weasley's always made their own way excepting nothing from nobody.

The fact that they had been stealing Harry's inheritance before even meeting the boy was another major factor in Bill's dilemma, how to pay back Harry, fund the four Weasley's still attending Hogwarts and provide a home for them.

The Burrow was gone; the goblins had done so much damage after finding the potions it was irreparable even if they did still own it!

Bill's equilibrium was knocked further out of kilter at the demeanor of the Potter's as they entered the room, shaking their hands, hugging and even Percy got a kiss on the cheek as Hermione asked if he was felling better! Meanwhile Harry proceeded to apologize to the Weasley's for the trouble he'd caused and promised to make sure it didn't affect their careers.

Amazingly enough it was Percy who gained control first, his career not ending may have been the catalyst "excuse me but this seems a trifle surreal, we've been sitting here trying to figure out how, on behalf of the entire Weasley family to apologies to you!"

Harry just shook his head "we already knew what Dumbledore's plans were we just didn't know the level of Weasley involvement and participation, we were delighted that none of you were involved, pleased at your father and shocked beyond belief at your mother"

"How could you be pleased at my father? He stole your money and bound you to our sister!" said a confused Charlie

It was Hermione who answered for both of them "it was never about money Charlie, when the proceedings were started it was the only option available to us. When Ragnok designated us friends status all that changed! Bill will tell you how serious goblins take family; the issue was always about trust. We already knew about the contract and Hogwarts fees, it was the reason behind it that mattered much more than money ever could."

Harry continued in a manner that reminded the three brothers of their younger twins "Your father signed the contract and took the money whichever way you look at it, it's wrong! But he wouldn't take more than tuition fees, he'd never have stood by while potions were administered and would have informed the ministry in a second if he even suspected my core was bound. That's why we were pleased as for your mother our reactions are probably very similar to your own and are a bit to raw to talk about at the moment."

"Just to put your minds at rest Hermione and I share a soul bound which rendered any and all contracts invalid but there's a serious favor I need to ask Bill."