⁴ ay, mariposas, don't you hold on too tight

⊹⊱ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ⊰⊹
ay, mariposas,
don't you hold on too tight

⠀⠀

            THE FOURTH TIME HE ASKS technically doesn't even count as the fourth time. He had been unrelenting the past three years but it was at this moment that he finally got closer to figuring out who the said person was.

They're eighteen but nothing has changed, albeit maybe the small detail that his feelings have only grown stronger. And although he really wanted her to be happy, a small part of him keeps the ruse up under the belief that by knowing who this mystery person is, he can figure out a way to make her fall for him.

Because Camilo Madrigal is nothing if not a chameleon.

It wasn't just about imitating faces or shifting into other people. He was a natural at being anyone but himself. He can be whoever she'd want him to be.

Sadly enough, he's blind to the truth that she wouldn't have him for anyone else but himself.

His Corazón truly earned her spot as his closest companion for that simple reason. She had always been the person who saw him for himself— not the shapeshifter Camilo, not a kid from the famous and magical 'la Familia Madrigal'.

She sees him for himself whether or not he was hiding behind the mask of someone else.

For instance, when Camilo Madrigal runs up to the maiden during Dolores and Mariano's wedding reception at the Casita, disguised as his cousin, she sees through him as soon as she lays her eyes on him.

It goes this way:

"Hey, there you are. I've been looking for you everywhere," Mirabel (or rather, the shapeshifter) runs up to the wallflower standing by the sidelines, watching the newlywed couple from afar.

"Mirabel? I thought you were—" Recognizing her friend's voice she speaks before turning to look at them, but when she turns to catch sight of the Madrigal, she cuts herself off.

The maiden blinks twice, purses her lips together, and gives him a pointed look, "Camilo Madrigal, so help me or I will—"

"Again?" he sighs in defeat, shifting back to himself as soon as she catches him red-handed.

"We grew up together. You can't trick me anymore," she crosses her arms and smiles smugly.

"I grew up with Mirabel and the others, but it's not like they can guess all the time," he playfully counters. "What's your secret?"

"Don't try to distract me," the maiden narrows her eyes as she looks at him knowingly, "What are you possibly up to this time?"

Camilo returns the smile with his usual charming smirk as he feigned innocence, "Can't a guy just walk up to his best friend and ask her for a dance during his sister's wedding or would that be—"

"I'd love to," she cuts him off immediately before she was able to realize that she may have come on a tad bit too eager.

Casita, now would be a good time to swallow her whole.

The heat quickly rushes to her cheeks, but thankfully the boy fails to notice the red tint that ran up 'till her ears.

Instead, he gives her one of his signature smiles as he masks how relieved he was that she hadn't turned him down.