⁵ wonders surround you, just let the walls come down

⊹⊱ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ⊰⊹
wonders surround you,
just let the walls come down

⠀⠀

            THE LAST TIME HE ASKS HER was a whirlwind of emotions. He didn't know whether or not he ought to be glad or devastated. But if anything, it doesn't exactly start off easy.

In the first place, nothing worth it ever comes easy.

There was so much that could change in a single year, and it was almost maddening to think that after the last agonizing decade of secretly pining after one another, that change only comes then.

Whether it was a good change or a bad change was still up for debate. After all, it was a catalyst for an end, but the end always leads to a new beginning.

It starts gradually. He beats himself up over the fact that he took advantage of their stationary relationship built upon their friendship. He always believed that she'd be around. Since they have been together for so long, the sudden distance not only comes unexpectedly but also leaves a gaping hole in his chest.

He hasn't seen her in days. And that was saying something because they were usually stuck to the hip. Back then, if she wasn't around him, she was with Mirabel; but after the incident with La Casa Madrigal, the three of them had usually spent time together as a group.

They were inseparable like how it was when they were just children—

But the thing is, they're not kids anymore.

It was only a matter of time until change drags them around like a hurricane.

Still, he refuses to let them drift apart that easily.

Camilo Madrigal is the one who comes knocking on her door for a change. And honestly, it was only then that he realized how much she hung around their Casita instead of her own home.

So when the maiden opens her front door and finds him standing there, she's rather taken aback.

"Camilo?" she says his name softly as if he would vanish in a flash.

"Hey." There's that typical boyish expression on his face as he greeted, "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, sorry about that," his Corazón gives him a sheepish smile before pursing her lips together.

She hides the fact that she's been avoiding him the last few days in hopes that it'll make everything easier for both of them.

She failed to consider the possibility that he'd eventually come looking for her— but in her defense, she figured it would have been too late by then.

Instead, the maiden finds herself seated beside her alleged best friend at the steps of her front door while he asks, "Is something wrong? I can shift into Mirabel if it'll make you more comfortable sharing."

His olive-colored eyes pierce into her heart and her longing for his company slowly creeps into her skin. In truth, she honestly didn't expect to miss him that much.

Okay, scratch that. She knew she'd miss him like hell but actually seeing him after weeks manages to aggravate the storm of emotions within her two-fold.

"Camilo, you don't need to pretend like you're someone else to comfort me," she wholeheartedly assures him, wondering what in the world led him to get that idea.