➺ to navigate a world that turns and never stops turning

━━━━━━━━━━
⊹⊱ author's note ⊰⊹
this oneshot serves as
a  bonus  chapter  that
takes place during ch.3
━━━━━━━━━━

⊹⊱ 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 ⊰⊹that turns and never stops turning

that turns and never stops turning

━━━━━━ ⊹⊱֎⊰⊹ ━━━━━━
⠀⠀
in    which    dolores    and    antonio
madrigal   conduct   an   experiment
on  their  brother  after  recognizing
the way he won't stop smiling when
he   says   his    best   friend's   name

₀₁

           CAMILO MADRIGAL perks up whenever he sees his best friend, his eyes light up whenever someone mentions her, and he smiles whenever he says the maiden's name.

At the age of ten, he comes up with some stupid way to hide his affection through the use of pet names, resorting to calling her something along the lines of 'Corazón' or 'Cariño', even going as far as to call her 'Mi Vida' and 'Mi Amor'.

It somehow works in his favor because when he notices the maiden's incredibly flustered expression, the urge to tease her becomes difficult to suppress. If anything, the blush on her cheeks only spurred him on.

He makes a resolution to keep calling her such until it has eventually ended up as a habit.

From then on, he rarely (if ever) calls her by her real name.

He fails to consider the way that naming forms attachment. And perhaps it's partially to blame why his feelings for her only continue to grow.

When his two siblings find the observation rather amusing, the whole 'experiment' comes to be.

           The first time was merely a coincidence. Antonio Madrigal grew up witnessing this particular habit of his brother. Ironically, despite how often Mirabel and Camilo's alleged best friend comes over, the three-year-old has yet to learn of the maiden's name.

"I wanna play with Cariño too," the child tells Dolores, while his sister was carrying him around their yard.

The older Madrigal furrows her eyebrows in confusion as if she misheard what he just said, "Who?"

Antonio points towards the distant figure of Camilo and his Corazón, repeating what he believed to be the maiden's name, "Cariño."

His sister blinks twice before bursting into laughter, finding it thoroughly amusing to find out that the youngest Madrigal has yet to know the name of the girl thanks to Camilo and his borderline flirtatious habits.