sleepover w ash

over the course of the week i saw ash a lot. she was constantly in and out of my room. which, thank god i got the message delivering the news that my roommate wouldn't be living on campus this semester. just by some stroke of luck, i was now in a single, usually off-limits for the first year students live on campus. to celebrate, ash and i planned a sleepover.

we planned on meeting up at dinner time in the dinning hall and then making a trip to the store to gather snacks for the night.

i hadn't had a sleepover since middle school so i was incredibly excited. i even made a list for the store. popcorn, sour worms, brownies, and face masks. i picked out some cute pjs and got my room straightened up.

(cute pjs ref

(cute pjs ref ... are the refs annoying?? idk, i like them)

i also hung up the chirstmas lights i got a few days ago. finally, i was starting to feel like this was my room and i wasn't just staying in some random building.

(another ref, sorrryyyy!)

it felt so good to have my own space. just as good as it felt to have met ash all on my own. finally, i was doing things for myself. making my life my own. i wasn't boxing myself in for my parents and i wasn't leeching off of someone else's life. erica and i had fun but it was never about me when i was with her. she wasn't selfish, i was the problem. i never made any decisions, i never branched out, i was too happy following someone else around. as if the comfort of avoiding the anxiety of making decisions was real comfort. i wasn't happy, it was just easy.

i stood and admired my lights. they were the cutest shade of pink and the dim light really added a well needed ambience.

i took my phone out and texted ash, "hey, you wanna go get dinner now?? :3"

within seconds, "yes!! superrrr hungry. i'll meet you down there 🥟:)<3"

i put my shoes on and headed to the elevator. our elevator wasn't creepy but every time i got in it prayed it wasn't my last. something about the way the doors closed made the inspection certificate on the wall a lot less reassuring.